attribute array in dynamic block

gegenytibor

Hello Sirs!

I would like to array some attributes which are inside a dynamic block.

I started based on a finded file (SectionSample.dwg) but I can array only the lines without the attributes. I don't know how can I array they like in the sample dwg, how can I make the secound Lookup command. (see Drawing1.dwg)

Could anybody help me?

SectionSample.dwg

Drawing1.dwg

Take a look at this topic to see how the double lookup can be created http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?88719-Dim-empty-when-0/page3&highlight=double+lookup.

You can't array attributes, the double lookup is a trick used to make existing attributes appear or not, so in the example you found all 5 attributes are there in the block to start with, they are just made visible as the lines are arrayed

hello Steven!

Thank You for your answer!

Now I know how can I create double lookup, but I don't know the other steps.

What should I select "action selection set"?

What is the order of the commands?

1. parameters -Linear

2. actions - array

3. parameter Sets - Lookup 1 with refference DistanceForArray

4. Visibility??????

5. Lookup2???? reference????

You need to make the different visibility states and put the attributes in the correct places, the 2 lookups need to be filled in with the right details for your block, one of them will use the array distance as an input and the other lookup uses the visibility states, both of them have to have the same value in the lookup properties column. Take a look at the attached and see if you can carry on from there. All your attributes have to have different names or the block won't work.

Drawing1.dwg

Hello Steven!

Thank You for your quick help!

it is perfect!

Now I should to create more visibility states and fill the tables. Around 40 times! :)

What do you think, will it a huge size block?

Do you have any experience?

If there is a file with more than 500 dynamic block will it huge size file as well?

Can it slow down the computer dramaticly?

Thank You again!

To be fair doing it this way, you could certainly in the first case just use a number rather than an attribute. I have some blocks that when I get above 20 or 30 start to noticeably slow the drawing down, and in the hundreds make it unworkable. But they have a lot of actions and lookups, yours should be OK but I would suggest that if possible you start off with maybe a dozen visibility states and try it with hundreds of blocks just to see how it does affect the drawing, (you do need to make sure that the blocks have various values as in real life, just a straight unaltered block doesn't have much effect).