Hollow Text

Swihfr01

I'm trying to write something in Arial font (True Type i think) and I keep getting just an outline of the letters. I want it to be filled in. I haven't tried exploding the text and filling the letters manually because I know there has got to be an easier way.

fillmode = 1 and textfill =1

When you change fillmode or textfill via commandline do you have to do something else to update the drawing it or does it happen immediatly?

I've tried changing fillmode and textfill and running regen but the text dosn't change at all.

I'm using AutoCAD 2005.

Please Help

usually Textfill is the culprit here but u have the correct variable setting with 1. Have u tried doing a print preview to see if it would print correct at least? if it is, try closing autocad and reoping the drawing

Thanks guys I fixed it. I typed SHADEMODE then 2D.

Ok, I thought it was fixed but I was mistaken. The text looks filled-in in viewport but prints with only outlines.

Any ideas?

tRY RESETTING YOUR PROFILE. Backup/export or copy your existing then reset. see if that works. We had the same problem here-couldnt figure it out so assumed he had messed with some settings and forgot. Not the nicest fix but it worked.

tRY RESETTING YOUR PROFILE. Backup/export or copy your existing then reset. see if that works. We had the same problem here-couldnt figure it out so assumed he had messed with some settings and forgot. Not the nicest fix but it worked.

How do you do that?

UCS>World

PLAN>World

Shademode> 2d

textfill> 1

Usually one or more of those.

Ive checked all of those and they don't solve the problem.

Problem:

When I create the text it's filled in. When I look at the "Layout" tab the text is filled in. But when I open Print Preview all text is drawn as outlines.

Here's the file

Hollow text.dwg

MVIEW, SHADEMODE, 2D, select the viewport edge.

I don't have AutoCAD open but I think that is the sequence after starting the MVIEW command.

Also, did you set PLAN and UCS to World in the viewport with the viewport unlocked?

MVIEW, SHADEMODE, 2D, select the viewport edge.

I don't have AutoCAD open but I think that is the sequence after starting the MVIEW command.

Also, did you set PLAN and UCS to World in the viewport with the viewport unlocked?

OK I tried what you suggested in both Layout and Model views. Layout seems to be fixed ie. text shows up as solid in both Layout and Print preview. However, Model still shows text as outlines in print preview.

Thank you so much. :D It's fixed now. This problem has been bugging the hell out of me.

I didn't even know I had those options. :? They were hidden until I clicked the arrow in the bottom corner.

glad you got it sorted out... I figured your plot dialog looked a little different but I was sure you would figure it out once you were headed in the right direction...