Drawing Needed

B1977

ReMark: Thanks. I didn't dimension it because I don't know metric lumber sizes. As for the bill of materials/assembly/finish and such... I haven't learned any of that yet. Hopefully next semester.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B1977

• ReMark

• Tankman

• BIGMIKE09281946

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a vast difference between asking "How do I go about making a CAD drawing of a wall unit?" and "Can somebody draw this for me? I can't pay you." I guess I'm the only person who cares about the difference.

Would you go to a garage and ask "Can someone do a brake job for me? I can't pay you." and expect the same results? No. They why would you do it here?

What was that saying about teaching a man to fish?

You took a golden opportunity to learn something new and frittered it away. Personally, I think you just took advantage of people.

I appreciate the help and advice that everyone offered me

ReMark: Thanks. I didn't dimension it because I don't know metric lumber sizes. As for the bill of materials/assembly/finish and such... I haven't learned any of that yet. Hopefully next semester.

thanks for your help

Not been mentioned yet, but how about you get a demo of AutoCAD and give it a go yourself. That way, you get the satisfaction of completing the job yourself, you learn a new skill and above all else, you have a ton of fun!!! woohoo!!!

Like has been said, asking for a freebie and not putting any effort in yourself is going to get you a bad reaction, if you had offered to pay, there may have been a different reaction

(**note to self, must charge for software written** lol)

Also, not sure where you are, but I know that a lot of the big kitchen/bathroom/furniture shops will draw it up for you if you give them the size of the room and design...just a thought...

Perhaps something like this, all cubby holes, no doors.

Actual cubby hole sizes, TBD (to be determined).

Widths of cabinets, TBD.

Although the overall dimensions, length x width x height, are known, the compartment sizes would depend on what the customer requires; i.e.: a high shelf for his 10 gallon cowboy hat, or, down low, how high are his cowboy boots? :huh:

B1977-CadTutor-B.pdf

B1977-CadTutor-B.dwg

Tank: Why don't you just build the darn thing and send it to him? I think it would be easier and quicker.:lol:

I'm thinking along the same lines, ash, birch or oak?

Stain color, white leaving the grain showin'?

Mahogany, show grain or deep dark?

I've built several kitchens, cabinets 'n all, for myself and friends. Had fun doin' so and the results were excellent.

I could fab the cabinets and ship KD (knocked down), would certainly be easier! :lol:

But, do you think B1977 could assemble on-site?

I think I'm at the end of this help thread.

Now, do you think he needs 3D? Not in my scope.

Render? Not in my scope either, I'm a plumber; plan and elevation views only.

PS: Snow 'n ice in PA this cheerful Tuesday. Ugh!

Tank: Well since you have all this free time with nothing better to do I'll measure up my kitchen and have you draw/build the custom cabinets. At least if I do I'll pay for your services and not expect to get them for free. Do you do bead board? I have a 100 y.o. country Victorian style house and I want to keep the kitchen in a period style. I'll be putting up oak bead board along the walls (chair rail height) to match. How about Mission style? I could use a mirror for my Limbert sideboard.

I had a Victorian, 1800 house.

Re-worked to the "hilt", really nice.

I now live in The Barn, built in 1894. Total renovation.

Here's a couple of images, kitchen.

I had to a lot of improvising but, worth it.

BarnKitchen2.jpg

BarnKitchen3.jpg

Tank: That is absolutely beautiful. An excellent job. Looks like it's big enough to stage a Broadway show in it.

Long project, work, work, work.

I'm from Long Island but, in Pennsylvania, only an hour 'n a half from NYC. I was born in the Big Apple.

Barn is 18" thick stone walls, 5000 sq. ft., 500 Amp electric, 29 phone 'n cable hookups. :)

For lack of ductwork, I have a propane tank outside, four fireplaces (propane w/ thermostat) and a wood stove.

The wood stove does very well, the woodstove chimney is 35' high in the foyer.

From the window seat, far right image, I watch deer, turkeys, red fox, daily while watching the Today show. 26" LCD TV is hidden in the cabinets above, lower left with the gas fireplace. The cabinet doors open, slide back when you want to watch TV.

3000 gal Koi pond with Turtle Island, three eastern painted turtles live in the pond with the frogs, snakes, Koi. A nice time sittin' by the pond.

BarnFoyer.jpg

BarnExterior.jpg

BarnKitchen.jpg

BarnFrontDoors.jpg

Turtle.jpg

Tank, you certainly know what your doin, i may even asked for

web based tuition off you to improve my skills one day :)

TANK you Skipso! On-the-job training works well. :wink:

When do those wood working classes start? I've got like 18 days with nothing to do!

After the Happy New Year time off!

Let's all have a great year, 2009.

The forum members are great, the forum members deserve a pat on the shoulder from AutoDesk for promoting their products. The forum members should enjoy a "that a boy" for helping AutoCAD users throughout the world. Great work gentlemen and women! :)

Me thinks that Autodesk would benefit if they would give all AutoCAD workers copies that they could install on their home puters. Them being so worried that someone would steal their livelyhood and all that. Where is the spell checker?