Unable to trim/exten​d with Regions

MstrSn

Hello, i'm using Autocad 2015 LT now for a few weeks and i have a problem with the Trim/Extend function.

When i was using Autocad 2014 LT, i could trim en extend lines/polylines etc. with a Region, this is not working in Autocad 2015 LT anymore.

Please let me know if there is a variable wich i have to change or something els, its very annoying.

Gr. Sander.

Try changing the Projection Mode (PROJMODE=1 default). If that fixes the Trim/Extend problem, it indicates that the Region and the lines are non-planar.

Unfortunately, that's not it.

I'm sorry, the first suggestion didn't work, but the second did.

Why is there a problem with trim/extend with a region wich isn't close to 0,0,0?.

I'm glad to hear my suggestion worked.

As for why AutoCAD tends to have problems when geometry is located a great distance from 0,0,0 I cannot say. Maybe nestly, rkent or one of the other forum members can educate us both.

I'm glad to hear my suggestion worked.

As for why AutoCAD tends to have problems when geometry is located a great distance from 0,0,0 I cannot say. Maybe nestly, rkent or one of the other forum members can educate us both.

Its a more common problem here i guess, i just got the same answer an a other forum, but Dutch forums didn't know the answer.

I wouldn't necessarily hold it against the Dutch.:lol:

I'm Dutch, but i don't know many people who use Autocad, and they probably don't use Regions, so.

Btw are you the one on the Autodesk forum with the same answer?.

I would expect anyone, anywhere in the world, who uses AutoCAD on a regular basis to be familiar with Regions.

AutoDesk forum? No. I'm nowhere near smart enough to participate in that forum. I barely keep my head above water here.:oops:

I would expect anyone, anywhere in the world, who uses AutoCAD on a regular basis to be familiar with Regions.

AutoDesk forum? No. I'm nowhere near smart enough to participate in that forum. I barely keep my head above water here.:oops:

Ok, so there is something like coincidence, thanks anyway, have a nice weekend.

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar problem with my trim and extend... operating AutoCAD LT 2014, I tried all comments above with negative results. I have played with the Fence, Crossing, Project, and Edge commands within TRIM and it is still the same. For example, when I trim the walls/lines from (will call it Object 1), most of the time it trims the walls/lines from Object 1 well past the nearest apparent intersecting line, if not all of the wall/line. When I note that the TRIM function isn't functioning, I will extend the line that should trimmed to and it will shoot way past Object 1 which tells me that they were already touching or intersecting. I have gone as far as setting my units to the 264th precision to ensure that the start and finish on the X or Y axis are the same, which they are. This is an old block, and this whole process used to work like butter! Any thoughts? :?

Could you post a copy of the drawing and show on the drawing which objects are behaving this way, it sounds as though you have geometry at different Z heights and that your UCS is turned (or your view)

The person that posted that question started a new thread on the exact same topic. I too asked for a copy of the drawing but he has yet to comply with the request. He swears all geometry has a "Z" of "0".

As you can see posting the same question in two different threads can be a bit confusing and it is certainly more work too trying to keep up with responses.

The answer given to me was to move the UCS closer to the Region, apperently the distance was to large for the lines to trim.

Move ucs close to the regio (new ucs near Region) and try again, it worked for me.

Why this problem occurs is a mystery.