VIEWBASE dimension problem / bug?

Buzza

Here's one that's much simpler (without any tracking). In Plan view (top view) create a BOX, mirror it along one of it's edges, then create a Drawing View. Now delete the Drawing View, delete the mirrored box, then re-mirror the Box exactly as you had the first time, and re-create the Drawing View.

*edit* I should clarify that a requirement of the 2nd video is that 3DOsnaps must be active, but not so in the 1st.

Edited by nestly

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• nestly

• Buzza

• tzframpton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's one that's much simpler (without any tracking). In Plan view (top view) create a BOX, mirror it along one of it's edges, then create a Drawing View. Now delete the Drawing View, delete the mirrored box, then re-mirror the Box exactly as you had the first time, and re-create the Drawing View.

*edit* I should clarify that a requirement of the 2nd video is that 3DOsnaps must be active, but not so in the 1st.

I havn't managed to replicate at home on 2014, I will try when back in work tomorrow on 2015.

Can you test to see if turning the layer off an on again lets you select the first dim line after it has 'failed' once?

At this point it almost seems you are taking pains to break it. Are you into destructive engineering?:lol:

Have you managed to replicate from the videos?

At this point it almost seems you are taking pains to break it. Are you into destructive engineering?:lol:

On the contrary, I'd never encountered this particular issue prior to this thread. I merely looked at the OP's illustrations, and while attempting to create something similar using channels and angles, I immediately experienced what the OP described. I do admit to exerting more effort than I should have to figure out the particulars of "why" it happens.

As I said, different workflows. MIRROR, Tracking, and 3DOsnaps are commands and tools in my normal 3D modeling, and those are the only 3 that are needed to break VIEWBASE (in this case)

I havn't managed to replicate at home on 2014, I will try when back in work tomorrow on 2015.

Can you test to see if turning the layer off an on again lets you select the first dim line after it has 'failed' once?

I see the same behavior in 2014... toggling layers on/off does not seem to have any affect.

At this point I'm going to just chalk it up to workflows. I'm truly surprised and sorry to hear that others are experiencing problems using ViewBase.

hmm so I have some across the problem today in a new drawing. I have done a panel with 24 valves on, copied this 5 times and removed some valves off each panel. I managed to DIM all but the first copied panels fine, that one is showing the same behavior.

I did NOT use the mirror command at all in this drawing, I did however use the object snap tracking.

I tried to close the drawing down to reopen but CAD crashed with a fatal error. Good job I saved just before closing...

I'd like to take a crack at one of your drawings (or part of one of your drawings) but you seem reluctant to share. I'll ask one last time. Please attach a sample drawing that exhibits the behavior you have documented thus far. If none is forthcoming I'll have to end my participation in this thread.

Yes, post a sample drawing. Just to be clear, I don't necessarily think the problem is caused by MIRROR command, rather Drawing Views can become corrupt and loose (at least partially) their association with the model objects.

I can wait. Did you ever test the drawing I attached way back in post #9?

The uploader failed multiple times so here is a drop box link.. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119032570/BuzzaVB.dwg

The valves are blocks from the manufacturer (Swagelok).

I did the biggest panel first then copied upwards and then to the right. It was the first copied one I couldn't DIM. Since reloading CAD though it has been working fine, give it an hour or so and it will stop.

I did try your drawing. It worked. I am thinking it might be to do with the health / spec of my machine not being able to handle the content.