• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cadfan

• ReMark

• marko_ribar

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Knowing the OP he will probably say that technique relies too much on utilizing the command line options.

:lol:

Though I don't know what is the use or the benefit of that way of drafting .

Extremely simple, using only AutoCad features.

That's cool, but it's also the result of customization, not something that's included in AutoCAD. You're solution may well be acceptable, but what you've demonstrated is essentially the same as using the Parallel Osnap. The OP has requested (and demonstrated) being able to draw lines at a relative angle to the selected object, not just parallel to another object.

Edited by nestly

Knowing the OP he will probably say that technique relies too much on utilizing the command line options.

:lol:

C'mon guys, it takes 1 more keystroke than OP, but it also allows to enter an angle instead of selecting an object.

That's cool, but it's also the result of customization, not something that's included in AutoCAD. You're solution may well be acceptable, but what you've demonstrated is essentially the same as using the Parallel Osnap. The OP has requested (and demonstrated) being able to draw lines at a relative angle to the selected object, not just parallel to another object.

It is a customization, but it only alters some sysvars, nothing more.

Relative angles? OK, it's there

GIF doesn't work. Removed

Relative angles? OK, it's there

GIF doesn't work. Removed

Yeah, in the OP's animation, the 2nd line is draw at 15 degrees to the selected line, then proceeds to use 90 and 0 degrees for the remainder of the lines, so actually none of the lines were drawn at the same angle as the reference line, they were all drawn at an angle relative to the reference line. If you have a routine that can do that, I'd definitely have use for it. (better yet if it worked with plines) ;)

Re:Gif... it has to be under 500kb, or it will automatically be resized and won't be animated.

Will you share what you've written to do that?

It was never my intention to post any code. I saw it as a challenge and I wanted to know if this is possible on AutoCAD.

My code is not finished, it is very limited tested and I will not spend any minute with it, as I don't see any major advantage on using such a tool.

But I will tell you what it does: it simple changes polaraddang and polarmode system variables.

Further development should take care of autosnap and orthomode as well and of infinite possibilities of changing them manually, using F8, F10 and F11 key, when this function is running.

Thanks Marko, that works pretty well. Two small issues though, 1) it's not always clear which direction the angle is relative to the reference object, 2) Polarmode seems to be disabled, but depending on how the lisp is ended, sometimes neither Ortho or Polar is enabled after exiting.

ALIN - Marcoribar.gif

To be clear, I admit I wrote that part of the code without much thinking... You should change (setq nang (cvunit (- ang difang) "radian" "degree")) to (setq nang (cvunit (+ ang difang) "radian" "degree"))... And now you also must know that positive angle is always CCW like everything in ACAD, and if you enter negative number angle is measured in CW direction... Sorry for inconvenience, I wrote that part very childish...

Regards, M.R.

Yes, you are right !This is exactly what I think.

Yeah, in the OP's animation, the 2nd line is draw at 15 degrees to the selected line, then proceeds to use 90 and 0 degrees for the remainder of the lines, so actually none of the lines were drawn at the same angle as the reference line, they were all drawn at an angle relative to the reference line. If you have a routine that can do that, I'd definitely have use for it. (better yet if it worked with plines) ;)

Re:Gif... it has to be under 500kb, or it will automatically be resized and won't be animated.

:thumbsup: You really careful ah. good!

Thanks Marko, that works pretty well. Two small issues though, 1) it's not always clear which direction the angle is relative to the reference object, 2) Polarmode seems to be disabled, but depending on how the lisp is ended, sometimes neither Ortho or Polar is enabled after exiting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52312[/ATTACH]

Thank you guy . how did you make that GIF in AutoCAD? It looks very beautiful.