• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tharwat

• Cheezee

• pBe

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing is wrong with that function , but if the block name is a dynamic block that wouldn't work .

So that is what the OP is referring to.

Might as well throw in strcase in the code to avoid a "what the?!!?" moment when the user encountered a non-caps block name or even when the user typed in banana instead of BANANA for the rest of the prompted variables

Since the OP is using a script, the script line would look something like this

.... (C:CHATTRIB) "83-011" "TAG1" "LTO1" "SL01"..... wherein the letter case wont be an issue, but you'll never know, ive seen drawing files with block names in lowercase format, even tag names.

Might as well throw in strcase in the code to avoid a "what the?!!?"

Frankly that throw wasn't in consideration for sure :rofl:

I thought to make a custom program with a dialog box to select only the attributed blocks with the related tags for the selected attributed block firstly , but the time doesn't permit for that big program that needs lots of codes , besides that I did not want to confuse the OP with a new rewriting of the function in another way .

You can throw what you have so far for the OP and that doesn't bother at all . :)

On the contrary Tharwat, i don't think it will confuse the OP at all, its very clear from the response that coding is all greek to Cheezee. So whats the harm in adding more function in the code.

Nothing at all , I just took the poplar saying : don't reinvent the wheel :)

This situation has nothing to do with re-inventing the wheel Tharwat. Anyhoo, with your level of programming i would expect you understand the need to improved the lisp routine. :) kudos to you for helping out cheezee

Cheezee,

When the time comes for you to share the codes with other users, remember to add strcase function to your existing code to avoid the letter case issue i mentioned on my previous posts. Holler if you need help.

pBe

This situation has nothing to do with re-inventing the wheel Tharwat.

As you like :)

Anyhoo, with your level of programming i would expect you understand the need to improved the lisp routine. :) kudos to you for helping out cheezee

Thank you .

I have wrote a program a short time a go , but I have no plans to share it at the recent time and it goes like this .

AttsEdit.jpg