Fierce12

Linetype macro with Linetype Scale

Fierce12

I'm creating a macro for a linetype that has a ltscale of 0.5, but once the command is done I want it to revert to 1.0. This is what I have so far ^C^CCELTSCALE;0.5;-LINETYPE;SET;BYLAYER;^C-LWEIGHT;BYLAYER;-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LAYER;MAKE;"V-WETL";COLOR;RED;;LTYPE;DASHDOT2;;^C^C_pline;CELTSCALE;1; I thought maybe the end portion would be the solution but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Is there another way of doing this?

Thanks

SLW210

It would help to put the Macro in Code Tags.

It doesn't help that everything is one long sentence.

Fierce12

Sorry here it is again.

^C^CCELTSCALE;0.5;-LINETYPE;SET;BYLAYER;^C-LWEIGHT;BYLAYER;-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LAYER;MAKE;"V-WETL";COLOR;RED;;LTYPE;DASHDOT2;;^C^C_pline;

Essentially what I want is once i'm done drawing the polyline I want the celtscale to go back to 1.

Thanks

steven-g

Try this to get you started

^C^CCELTSCALE;0.5;-LINETYPE;SET;BYLAYER;^C-LWEIGHT;BYLAYER;-COLOR;BYLAYER;-LAYER;MAKE;"V-WETL";COLOR;RED;;^C^CLTYPE;S;DASHDOT2;;pline;\\\;CELTSCALE;1;

See if you can spot the subtle differences, there will be a problem though running this because you need to hard code into the macro how many segments the polyline will have, if you could leave the celtscale of the end, then no problems

Fierce12

Thanks steven-g, This is better than what I had, but unfortunately I'd like to be able to have the option of having any number of line segments (or pick points) for the polyline. This is a good solution in the interim. I can always draw the polyline and then match the properties to other lines. Then again i can always draw the line at 1 scale and change the properties to .5 ltscale. Im' just trying to avoid thes extra steps. Thanks again!:)

ReMark

This can't be handled by putting the polyline on a toolpalette and changing it's scale properties?

Fierce12

Interesting thought ReMark. Didn't think of taking that approach.:notworthy: I like using menus, but i may have some hatches and using the palette for hatches is a better solution. While I think i'll take this approach. I'd still be interested if there is a way for a macro to work. Thanks

steven-g
This can't be handled by putting the polyline on a toolpalette and changing it's scale properties?

:facepalm: Give that man a choclate biscuit. Possibly 2

ReMark

Thanks. Can I get some hot tea with that biscuit? It is freakin' cold today! I think I may have frozen my giblets.