Complex linetype (with text) problem

astitchintimesaves9

I used express tools (2015) to put together a linetype with text (to indicate buried services). A broken line with text inserted in the gap, but my new linetype shows the text not in the gap but above and to one side, and cranked around at approx. 30 degrees...

Any ideas?

I'm not looking for creating text/.lin files etc, just using the ET drop down method. Frankly, I just don't understand the other method. I would just like the ET method sorted.

Edited by astitchintimesaves9

Here is one to get you started save it in yourcompanyname.LIN then just use LINETYPE to load. Play with the 5.08 etc the text height is S=1.8 X & Y do just that move it around.

*GAS_MAIN_EXISTING,Existing Gas main - - -G- - -G- - -G- - -G- - -

A,5.08,-5.08,5.08,-5.08,["G",STANDARD,S=1.8,R=0.0,X=-1.8,Y=-.9],-3

I have never used Express Tools to make a linetype, but if the text is at the wrong angle and is displaced, then the R,X and Y factors are in need of adjusting.

If you can post the linetype file, then you would get concrete proposals to help you.