BFIND 2.0 unwinding error

DD21988

I am running AutoCAD 2013 and Cadworx 2012. When I run BFIND I get the following error message:

Command: bfind

Working, Please Wait....; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)

; warning: unwind skipped on unknown exception

I thought it might have been a corrupted file in autocad, but I have uninstalled and re-installed AutoCAD and Cadworx and still get the error. Anyone know what's wrong?

Sorry. Just to be clear this is Lee Mac's BFIND 2.0. I don't want any confusion.

Unfortunately AutoLISP error messages of the type Exception Occurred / 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) are not caused by bugs or errors with the AutoLISP code itself (in such cases you would receive an error listed on my Error Message Troubleshooter), but rather an error encountered by the interaction of the AutoLISP interpreter with the AutoCAD application or with the operating system. Such errors cannot be debugged in the usual way, as you cannot narrow down the error to a single AutoLISP expression, since it could be caused by any of the many processes and operations undertaken by the interpreter when an AutoLISP expression is evaluated.

Do you receive this error for every unopened drawing processed by the program, or does the program always trip up on a particular drawing?

• 4 years later...

Initial disclosure- I am only moderately familiar with CAD.

I'm having the same "; warning; unwind skipped on unknown exception" issue but only recently with CAD 2018.  It happens in multiple drawings and only when I have activated the pan command via mouse wheel; BUT not every time I use pan.  I can only exit pan mode by clicking in command box; however, then I'm not able to access commands from the ribbon.  If I type in a command instead, it does not show up in command line.  I end up having to end drawing session and start over.  Any suggestions?