dynamic block not working what am i doing wrong?

squareknees

I have a dynamic block for batt insulation there is 2 thicknesses 3 1/2" and 5 1/2" I have the visibility set so each thickness had its own properties.

yet I can not get the 3 1/2" insulation to work right. if you can see the image that I attached I keep getting this weird gap.

all of the settings are exactly the same between the 5 1/2" and the 3 1/2"

I move the last section and array the middle piece to fill the gap. for the 5 1/2" insulation is arrayed at 2 159/256" and the 3 1/2" is arrayed at 1 3/4" yet I continue to get the gap. is the distance for the 5 1/2" batt insulation effecting the distance for the 3 1/2"?

thanks for all your help.

1.png

And as ReMark Says pretty pictures don't help a right lot. Try scaling your block up by 100 times and then measure the geometry, the problem is the accuracy of the polylines your 1 3/4" polyline section is off by an one hundredth of 1/128". The problem lies in the accuracy of imperial design, thats one great advantage of metric, we work with the smallest unit of 1 millimeter and can measure it to 8 decimal places. A simple fix would be to change the increment value to 1 193/256", you need to stretch the block a long way before the error then starts to show up.

This dimension 2 159/256"is just crazy. Who measure's anything in an architectural drawing to one / two hundred fifty sixth of an inch?

An Englishman in Belgium that's who.

Just an out there I have the same pattern but its a pline start-end, done sorry can not post, thickness is just a ratio so can be any size 3.123 if you want. Though about a curved version creates a lot more maths but would be a single pline.