Another Title Block Issue

O'Huggin

I'm trying to customize a Title Block, starting with one Label, copying one Label to the next and editing its parameter description. When I finished and opened the destination file to compose the sheets, I had this "Why me?" moment all over again just like when venturing into an unknown procedure because I got this result:

The "SCALE" Label doesn't want to appear on the field.

This is the only field that is not functioning, the rest are visible and editable. And this is the 2nd of the 6 parameters I created.

I keep on retracing and retracing my procedure carefully, and comparing each parameter's properties but just no suspicious info came out.

TBlock 24x36.rfa

The Label is functioning; it worked fine for me. It simply won't show unless you have a View on the sheet. Create a View and Drag/Drop on the Sheet and it'll pop up. Adjusting the scale of the View will adjust the Label.

Hope this helps.

-TZ

Edited by tzframpton

Also, you need to be very careful with using the font you're using on the seal. SHX fonts are for AutoCAD, not any other program. I would use a TrueType font, specially a very common one that most people would have on their computer.

My advice would be to completely get rid of this now before you get too far with it. Leave the AutoCAD stuff behind, and tell the bosses the same.

-TZ

Edited by tzframpton

Also, you need to be very careful with using the font you're using on the seal. SHX fonts are for AutoCAD, not any other program. I would use a TrueType font, specially a very common one that most people would have on their computer.

My advice would be to completely get rid of this now before you get too far with it. Leave the AutoCAD stuff behind, and tell the bosses the same.

-TZ

Thanks TZ, I got your point.

Revit is actually saying don't mess up with the scale from here, it should not be tinkered through the title block field but rather through the View Control bar down the screen. But I thought smart Revit features multi-directional inputting of data?

On the conversion of SHX to TT font, I checked all text elements. I right clicked one family type which directed me to the Properties dialogue box, then I right clicked the Edit Type button. If the the Text Font field is empty, that means it was still governed by the SHX setting/ I right clicked it, then scrolled down to find its TT counterpart replacement. If what I did is right, my file is good to go. Thanks.

Revit is actually saying don't mess up with the scale from here' date=' it should not be tinkered through the title block field but rather through the View Control bar down the screen. But I thought smart Revit features multi-directional inputting of data?[/quote']The problem is when you have multiple views with conflicting scales on the sheet. It's never a good idea to place the scale of the view with the sheet, unless you're for certain your drawings will only contain one view per sheet - and that is highly unlikely (assuming).

So yes, keep the scale connected with the View Title. This is the best scenario.

-TZ