Point Filter Macro

broncos15

I am trying to make a macro that will expedite having to use point filters. My main goal is for when I have a feature line selected and I want to move a PI using the grips, but I want the elevation to stay the same. It is meant to just be a shortcut instead of having to use the .xy point filter and then having to say the elevation at the end. I put my code in the object snap cursor menu so that when the user right clicks they can choose my option instead of having to choosing the point filters one. I wrote the following code:

.XY;/;@;

Unfortunately the code isn't working correctly and I get the following when I run it I still have to enter in the elevation (it doesn't go immediately) to the @ symbol I put in. I know I am making a stupid mistake, but I can't figure out what it is. I also tried:

.XY;non;@;

but it doesn't work either.

Conceivably, a 'feature line' is akin to a 3dPolyline. I say that because a standard Polyline has vertex elevation maintenance built right in.

If a 3dPoly like entity requires vertex manipulation whilst maintaining Z elevation I'd say place the "OnlyXY" macro (in post #10 of this thread) into Shortcut Menu - Grip Cursor Menu.

Conceivably, a 'feature line' is akin to a 3dPolyline. I say that because a standard Polyline has vertex elevation maintenance built right in.

If a 3dPoly like entity requires vertex manipulation whilst maintaining Z elevation I'd say place the "OnlyXY" macro (in post #10 of this thread) into Shortcut Menu - Grip Cursor Menu.

Thank you SeanT for the help! So I added the macro listed into my Shortcut Menu - Grip Cursor Menu but it still isn't working correctly. It shows the feature line moving to the new location but then nothing happens and I get the following from AutoCAD
** STRETCH **
Specify stretch point or [base point/Copy/Undo/eXit]: .xy
of @
(need Z):
Command: *Cancel*

What do you think could be the issue?

The Command Line output shown above leads me to believe that the macro was not copied correctly. Based on the original post, I think the vertex needs to move only in the XY direction so you should use:

.z;@;

For a standard 3dPoly, this is the resultant operation:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/cb01014b-89f1-44ca-b0d9-521571f01084

The Command Line output shown above leads me to believe that the macro was not copied correctly. Based on the original post, I think the vertex needs to move only in the XY direction so you should use:

.z;@;

For a standard 3dPoly, this is the resultant operation:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/cb01014b-89f1-44ca-b0d9-521571f01084[/Quote] You are correct, I copied the wrong one. The correct macro works perfectly, so thank you very much!