Slice command works weird

ricardo7103

Hi everybody,

I recently installed AutoCAD 2015. I've noticed something weird. I opened a 3D solid model which was created in 2012 version, when I apply the SLICE command, sometimes the program does not recognize the cutting plan or doesn't cut the solid properly, it lets remaining pieces. I have a lot of practice using the SLICE command, I'm pretty sure how it works. I've noticed too than the solids created in the 2015 does not seem to have this problem. I'm not sure if the trouble is caused by the old version 3D model or is some kind of program's bug. I will appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Did you also install service pack 2?

I'm been using 2015 for well over a year now working on new and a smattering of old 3D drawings and have not encountered the problem you have described. Just lucky I guess.

If that does not solve your problem then we would have to assume there is some anomaly in your drawing in which case the best advice I could give would be to make the drawing available to us by either attaching it to a subsequent post or uploading it to a file sharing website and posting a link to it here. Someone will take a look at it and get back to you.