Moving from Model Space to Paper Space

Leader1

I have another drawing xref'd in model space. In paper space I have several viewports cut and dimensioned. Is there a way to move the viewports to paper space besides Change Space? If I use the Change Space command, and select an object in one of the view ports it moves this object to paper space. The problem with this is that I may have another viewport showing the same object, so when it moves it to paper space it messes up the other viewports.

yes, but that could get time consuming. Seems like there should be an easier way. I'm actually trying to convert autocad dwgs to microstation dwgs. I am able to do this with microstation V8 but when I have viewports with clipping planes it mess' everything up. If I could somehow get a so called "snap shot" of each of my viewports and move them to paper space then my life would be easier.

yes, but that could get time consuming. Seems like there should be an easier way. I'm actually trying to convert autocad dwgs to microstation dwgs. I am able to do this with microstation V8 but when I have viewports with clipping planes it mess' everything up. If I could somehow get a so called "snap shot" of each of my viewports and move them to paper space then my life would be easier.

There's not an easy way to do this, especially if you have the same notes/text tagged on multiple viewports. I think you're S.O.L. on this one unless you can provide more info or maybe even the DWG itself so we can get a better look at it.

there is a command that does this i forget it now but i will ask the person that told me .

the only command I know that exists is CHSPACE, and the original poster already stated he uses this and it doesn't work exactly like he needs. What other command could there be?

I guess an easier way to describe it is that I have a dwg complete with about 5 viewports on it, each with clipping planes set. I need to get rid of the view ports. I need to move the clipped objects from within the viewport to paper space. Another problem with the Change Space command is that you loose your clipping planes when you move objects from model space to paperspace.

I guess an easier way to describe it is that I have a dwg complete with about 5 viewports on it, each with clipping planes set. I need to get rid of the view ports. I need to move the clipped objects from within the viewport to paper space. Another problem with the Change Space command is that you loose your clipping planes when you move objects from model space to paperspace.

I know exactly what you're wanting to do, and I just don't think there's no simple way of doing what need. There's no "one button does it all" command that I know of.

You can use the XCLIP command in Modelspace to keep your "clipping planes" the same, but that still requires a bit of work. Sorry.... :(