acetutil.arx error message

johnengineer

Ever since I loaded some lisp programs, an error message pops up when I open any cad files. The error message is:

**Express Tools** - unable to load acetutil.arx. This resulting effect of this error message is the disabling of my express tools. Can anyone please help me with this problem?

I think that one of your programs uses function with prefix ACET-which provides with file acetutil.arx. The problem consists in that that object model of AutoCAD varies from the version to the version and for each version the new set of libraries for ObjectARX programming is issued. At transition from the version to the version changes and occurrences of bugs are possible. Autodesk supports only the basic LISP-functions and it does not concern to library ACET- (additional LISP-functions for Expess Tools). A unique way to correct an error, it to find out at work of what function there is an error, to start it in a mode of debugging and to replace lines of error code to working in current version.

Perhaps typing the command "EXPRESSTOOLS" will help, it:

"Loads the AutoCAD Express Tools libraries, places the Express directory on the search path, and loads and places the Express menu on the menu bar. "

• 1 year later...

"A unique way to correct an error, is to find out at work of what function there is an error, to start it in a mode of debugging and to replace lines of error code to working in current version."

How do I start in a mode of debugging for a lisp routine?