Wide screen monitor looks funny

mdemco

I had a square 19 inch monitor and just put went to duals with the existing 19 incher and a new 24 inch wide screen. On the 19 inch monitor everything looks normal, on the wide screen circles are oblonged towards the side. Like the image has been grabbed at each side an pulled on. Messing with the computer resolution setting does not do much except for make everything really big. Does AutoCAD have a resolution setting inside the program for dealing with this???

That is what I was wondering, the computer was built for the monitor, it is a dell precision 5400. The monitor came with it. I did notice the IT guy did not use the supplied DVI cable, he hooked up an adapter on the back of the computer and than ran the cable to the monitor and hooked into the plug next to the dvi slot. Does this matter?

Sounds like a screen adjustment is necessary. Tweak it via the On Screen Display. You'll probably have to resize your screen display horizontally.

Wide screen has nothing to do with it. If im good at anything its computers and what not. I have a HP w2207 22" wide screen and I am running a 2nd montor which happens to be an old Compaq 19" Crt.

what you need to do is have ur 24" be #1 and ur 19" be #2 as a secondry. dvi doesnt matter. All this is done in your display properties.

Once you do that it should work fine.

Ok I run twin screens set to 1280x1024 if I ran one screen I would look for a res of 2560x1024 to achieve the same look and feel, circles would look like circles then, there is a calibration factor inside Autocad but its been that long since I used it I wouldn't know where to look.

ie you want a ratio of 2x1 your graphic card is probably the problem not the screen