need help plotting at engineers scale like 1/20. 1/30 1/50

cadartista

i am somewhat familiar with viewports. and i think that the problem,,,, i don't know how to add the scale 1"=20' to my list can you show the steps?/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• cadartista

• Dana W

• samifox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use the SCALELISTEDIT command to bring up the scale list. Click on the Add button to add a new scale to the default list. An example of me adding the scale 1"=10' to the scale list shown below.

ScaleListEdit.JPG

You do know how to apply a scale to a viewport right?

Note: Plotting will be slightly different as the scale will be 1:1. AutoCAD will automatically apply the scale to the viewport that you have set. You'll also be plotting "Layout" not "Window" and "Center the plot". Do NOT enable "Fit to paper".

REMark I want to thank you for all your help and for the patience you had with me, I am new at this, but you have taught me that i just needed to add the scale on my scales list for I was applying all along the 1:20 when it should have been the scale I didn't have ( 1"-20') which I now have managed to add it to my list and i can see on my new scale list. By the way I have added the 1"=30', and 1"=40' and 1"=50' in case i needed in the future. So thank you again for your invaluable help Ok???? thanks

Let's just be clear up front shall we? You are working in imperial units and are interested in scales that are commonly used by civil engineers such as 1"=20', 1"=30', 1"=40', etc. Is that correct?

Usually an architectural scale in the U.S. would be written like this... 1/4"=1'-0" (or 1/4") and not like this... 1/4. And to my knowledge there is no 1/20"=1'-0" scale.

What Dana has shown (percentages) in the image above appears to be a customization he made to his own list of frequently used scales.

What are the overall dimensions of the property you are plotting on the 24x36 sheet?

BTW...common metric scales would be indicated like this... 1:10, 1:20, 1:50, 1:100 and 1:500.

Not custom, my 2015 came this way. Why, doesn't everyone's? There's a button for it.

Untitled.png

Never looked for or saw that option. Not even sure it would be of any value to me. But thanks for the info Dana.
Since I work in Imperial units, I don't use it either. I just turned it on for the OP, but then it dawned on him/her that 1"= 20'-0" is what they needed after all. Arrrrgh. shrug.