Rogue Work Planes

momentumbob

I have a large assembly (hundreds of components). Somehow I managed to re-size (larger) the work planes associated with some of the parts. This badly messes up the appearance of my assembly when the work planes are turned on. I have hunted down some of the offending work planes and re-sized them but I can't seem to find them all. Is there a method of identifying to which part the work plane is associated when viewing the assembly so that I can open the offending part or sub-assembly and re-size the work plane ?

It looks like the brute force way is to scroll through the browser while monitoring the drawing with your other eye watching for the work plane to highlight. This works but seems a little Neanderthal.

Thanks Lazer. I didn't think to check the selection priority setting. I always run with "Faces and Edges". Since I upgraded to 2016 Pro I haven't had nearly as many instances where the software changes this setting on its own so I'm not as diligent at verifying that this hasn't changed as I was back in the 2011 days. I always toggle the auto-resize to off and manually resize work planes. The auto resize is invariably too big for my work.

Thanks again

Bob