Selection of, and snap to, hidden part of hidden line

I have been drafting for years and i am familiar with Microstation and AutoCad. I used Microstation for 5 years, then changed jobs, the new job requires AutoCad. My issue is the way the 2 systems treat lines. Microstaation treats all lines as complete entity ie: you can sellect and snap to the "blank" space in a hidden line. I cannot do the same in AutoCad. example: Multiple hidden lines select for trim; i have to make sure my selection window intersects the visible part of a line or it won't trim, this is extremely tedious. The only option i have found on the internet that works is to change LTS then change it back. Is there a better way? also choosing the point where 2 hidden lines intersect (perpendicular snap doesn't work when the lines are not at 90degree angles)

Re: Trimming.

Start the Trim command. Give the Enter key two quick taps. Now every line can itself be trimmed or used to trim another line.

Maybe it's technique but I have no problem using osnaps to find intersections or midpoints of hidden lines crossing other hidden lines no matter what the angle of each line is.

Edited by ReMark

You can change the linetype setting in the layer to continuous, change it back later.

To find the intersection of two hidden lines just use the Apparent Intersection osnap.