Dotted dimensions

Sue g

For the past month my dimensions and all of my text is printed out dotted. My line type for dimensions and text is set at continuous. Any ideas?

Could it be that someone (???) overrode the linetype from 'ByLayer' to 'DOT' on the Home tab > Properties panel?

DOTDOT.JPG

I checked to make sure it wasn't set on dashed...it says continuous. I even tried changing it to another layer like walls which I know has a continuous line and it still prints dotted. The dimensions don't show up as dotted on my drying until it's printed. The same with my text

If the problem only shows after printing, you want to look at the print driver and/or printer settings.

Do they print okay to another printer or to PDF, then print?

I've saved the drawing as a jpeg and a pdf and it still happens. I usually print at FedEx Kinkos and I've been to two different ones and have printed at home as well and it's the same. I definitely changed some setting accidentally and can't figure out how to change it!

Just curious.

Are your dimensions and text on separate layers or the same layer?

Are you printing from model space or from a layout?

The dimensions and a text or two separate layers and I am printing from a layout. I will post it later I have to run out now and don't have time. When I get back I'll post a picture of the drawing. It doesn't show up until it prints. When you look at it in the layout the dimensions in the text are solid

OK...we believed you but we cannot troubleshoot what is happening without a copy of the actual drawing file or enough of it to demonstrate the problem. For the third, and hopefully, final time please attach a copy of the .DWG file to your next post. Thank you.

I plotted your drawing from model space then from the layout and the only thing I notice is when I plot from the layout the dimensions and text appear slightly less dark but I see no evidence of dots. I rarely if ever plot to a PDF and when I do I never have cause to print from the PDF. I'm usually creating it at the request of an engineer. Thankfully those types of requests are few and far between. I really do hate PDF's.

Edited by ReMark