Flexible Assembly

ankurpraja

Hi all

I have sub assembly in a parent assembly. In that sub assembly one part is not fully constrained. Its kind of ball socket joint. It is inclined in 2 different different planes. And perfet inclination can only be achieved in the parent assembly by making the sub assembly flexible and applying proper constrains in the parent assembly . Those 2 angles of inclination will be derived dimension and not driven.

So in the parent assembly that part is in the position wher i want it to be. But when i open the sub assembly separately in another window, that part is still lose because the constant were applied in the parent assembly.

One way to do that is to measure the angles in both planes and apply the constrain in the sub assembly. But when i make the sub assembly unflexible some errors appear in the constraints. And i am not able to do that.

Is there any way to lock that lose part in the parent assembly so that when i open the sub assembly separately, that part is still in the same position and locked

I hope i explained my problem.