Dynamic Block doesn't allow rotate

David613

I have a dynamic block with a rotate action. If I rotate the block, save and then reopen the file I cannot rotate the block anymore.

Any ideas?

(Pardon me but I am new to AutoCAD)

You have a block called SPEAKER defined within that drawing. Am I expected to insert speaker or dynamic speaker? Speaker works as expected but dynamic speaker gives the results you have mentioned.

The instance of Dynamic Speaker has been assigned an anonymous block name which I know from experience renders their dynamic properties unusable. I don't know why this is, possibly due to the presence of a dynamic block within it.

I thought you may have been falling into the "not all scales being equal" trap. Again from experience if you scale a block the Z value becomes very slightly different from the X & Y values (don't ask why - I have no idea). I did wonder if locking the scale still introduces this error but it seems not.

I have a dynamic block with a rotate action. If I rotate the block, save and then reopen the file I cannot rotate the block anymore.

Any ideas?

(Pardon me but I am new to Auto CAD)

This is odd? when I open the drawing it says "contains authoring elements, open in block editor! when I open it I can rotate the speaker in block editor, which means you have a block in a block, I guess.

Second I cant seem to explode the speaker in the beditor nor in the model space?

This is an interesting problem, so far I couldn't solve this. just wait for the CAD-masters to help out on this. in the mean wile I suggest you make a new block. draw your speaker and add attributes then put in the rotate action! and save your block as ...

No pardons pal nobodies born with skills, good luck and welcome to the forum.