Interactive Steam Flow Map

I'm working with a steam distribution company in a major downtown area. We have an overall map of our steam system in AutoCAD showing the two steam plants, the customers, valves and high pressure vs low pressure piping. I was wondering, is there a way to make an interactive version which would display which lines were active (highlighted flow maybe?). Also maybe the ability to highlight over a valve and switch it too closed and have the flow change? This may not even be feasible in AutoCAD but I'm just brainstorming here I guess, Any thoughts?

Thanks! Ive been looking into that but it seems a tad complicated for my present situation. By complicated I mean I don't have the means to hook a majority the valves up to ethernet. Also, I cant seem to find a trial version : /

You would have to contact a Siemen's rep for a demo. Personally, I don't think you can do what you want with plain AutoCAD.

We use PCS 7 in our chemical plant for the process building operators to control batch processing. Tanks fill and empty. Valves open and close. Motors start and stop, etc., etc., etc.

Just a little aside went to a demo for "Augmented Reality" take your phone point at a valve and via internet all the details for that valve are displayed, uses photo recognition so knows which valve it is, interactive 3d etc, nice demo was snap pizza box lid and a game starts up.

http://augmentedrealityexperts.com.au/?gclid=CJaC7ZW858sCFUYGvAodnOIGAA