varied width assembly

dcc

Hi

I have a road which is 100m long. I need it to be 5.525m wide for the first 35m, then to widen to a poly line which is 1m wider at 40m, I want Civil3D to follow the taper which is drawn on the poly line.

My assembly is drawn so that I have a 5.525m wide road.

Do I need to apply a new assembly for the section at 35m which would be say 6.5m wide, then set the targets to the polyline on my dwg?

It has been a while since I've used Civil3D so I wanted to make sure I am in the right ball park!

Many thanks

Dan

Well I just gave it a go to refresh my memory. It worked, slightly different to how I recalled, but I have gone from 2016 to 2013!

When building the corridor I applied the 5.5m assembly I built, set a region from 35m to apply the assembly to a feature line (under assembly target option) and selected the polyline from the drawing. all seems ok so far!

You could just draw a poly-line where you want the assembly to pull to, change it to an alignment then in the corridors properties set the new alignment to be the new width alignment target. From there it will reference the alignment all the way through with no issues. We do this all the time due to intersection tapers and what not. Let me know if I can help at all. i can def. go into more detail.

slightly off topic but related to the job I am doing, is it possible to draw your own object to attach to an assembly?

I need to draw a 2x1 gabion wall (simple rectangle to fix to a point on my existing assembly)

That is outside of my realm of expertise (which i really don't have any, haha) I don't know enough about manual editing assemblies. I always use the catalog.