-block, objects disappear

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hello,

I'm trying to create a block through a lisp. The normal BLOCK command has an visual interface, so i use the -BLOCK command to use the commandline.

However, when i create a block this way the objects that are in the block disappear, and the block is not in de insert list.

Part of my lisp:

(Defun C:VC ( / VP)
(prompt "Select objects to blockerize: ")
(setq VP(ssget))
(command "-block" "Block-temp" pause "P" "")

It works as is, but with the problem of the objects i turn in to a block disappear. When i make a block the 'normal' way it all goes well...

What am i doing wrong? (it's not working even if i don't use the lisp)

Just guessing, but have you turned check box not to delete objects while creating block... Check BLOCK command - it should bring dialog box with this check button... Perhaps there is sysvar for this, investigate...

The -BLOCK command will create a block definition with the given name containing the selected objects - you will then need to insert a reference of such block using the -INSERT command, or, if you wish to retain the original objects, you should copy the selection before supplying the objects to the -BLOCK command.

Here are some alternatives: Objects to Block.