Having a fatal error

Nick@TE-Direct

i AM HAVING A FATAL ERROR EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE WHEN I EITHER TRY TO SAVE, OPEN OR COPY ANYTHING. iT SAYS FATAL ERROR AND SHUTS AUTOCAD DOWN. THE MESSAGE I RECEIVE IS:

FOR THE COPY

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x1ee9030 Exception at 6544bab7h

FOR THE SAVING OR OPENING:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0032 Exception at 1281d260h

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS PLEASE POST A SOLUTION.

THANKS

NICK:unsure:

What were you attempting to do when the error happened?

Is the error repeatable? That is, can you get the error to happen at the same point, in the same drawing on demand?

When did the error first occur?

Have you made any hardware/software changes?

Depending on the software, you can search the AutoDesk Discussion Groups forum. I did a search yesterday for a similar error message in (unhandled access violation) in AutoCAD 2006 and got 252 "hits".

Well i am running AutoCAD 2002 Mechanical 6 Power Pack, and it is very odd, if I try to open a straight new document the error will occur and the program will shut down, but if i open up and existing document from outside of Autocad it will allow me to enter and work. While in Autocad it is also fickle, sometimes when i hatch it will give a message and shut down but not all the time, the same with copy and saving. I have recently changed the properties of the program to run on windows 2000 but some off the errors are still occuring.

I have a little bit of information for this problem. After a long search through a bunch of junk I came across what could be a solution. What i did was go into the Tools-Options-System-General Options. From there i changed the startup to traditional and then also under Live Enabler Options i changed the "Check Point A for Live Enabler Options" to never. After that i went under the properties for AutoCAD and ran it entirely on Windows 2000. At this point it seems to be working properly and hopefully i have resolved the problem. If anyone wants to know more info in depth just PM me.

i AM HAVING A FATAL ERROR EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE WHEN I EITHER TRY TO SAVE, OPEN OR COPY ANYTHING. iT SAYS FATAL ERROR AND SHUTS AUTOCAD DOWN. THE MESSAGE I RECEIVE IS:

FOR THE COPY

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x1ee9030 Exception at 6544bab7h

FOR THE SAVING OR OPENING:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0032 Exception at 1281d260h

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS PLEASE POST A SOLUTION.

THANKS

NICK:unsure:

Just my two cents here....many times these errors mean there is a memory problem. How much memory is in your system, and what Operating system are you using? You might also try doing a REPAIR INSTALL to see if that helps corrects the problem.

If you have a more recent copy of AutoCAD, you might also try letting go out and see if there is an update. (When it crashes, does it ask you if you want to send an error report?)

I am using windows XP and it also does allow me to send an error report after it crashes. As far as memory i have 3.06 GHz and 896 MB of Ram. I would do a repair but i am on a network and dont have to privledges to do so. I will let my administratives know that a repair might do the trick.

Also i am in the market of getting a laptop, do you have any suggestions of the amount of memory or processor i should get to hold AutoCad and of course work other programs??

I am using windows XP and it also does allow me to send an error report after it crashes. As far as memory i have 3.06 GHz and 896 MB of Ram. I would do a repair but i am on a network and dont have to privledges to do so. I will let my administratives know that a repair might do the trick.

896MB of Ram is a bit suspect considering Windows XP works MINIMALLY with 256MB and MARGINALLY better with 512MB. I agree, try 1 at a minimum but 2 would be key. I would definitely have someone try the repair and check Auto Desk's web site for any patches or HotFixes that might be available.

• 1 year later...

hi,need abit of info here.can someone tell me what is fatal error?will i gonna get trouble with it?

and everytime i save my files,i will receive this error:FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xa4c36365 Exception at a4c36365h.pls help me.

thank you

kurogane:

Please consider posting your question in the proper forum as a new thread. You'll find that more people will see it and that will result in more responses.

There are many causes of fatal errors. Some are generated by problems with hardware such as memory. Others may be caused by software conflicts.

You might try searching the AutoDesk website itself and/or visiting the AutoDesk Discussion Groups for Mechanical.