Plotting PDF Destination

Losinski

Hi all,

I have researched a fair bit and have found solutions to this issue, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

I'm writing a LISP that includes plotting a drawing to a PDF. The location of the plot will depend on the drawing and therefore will change each time the LISP is executed. I can't, however, figure out how to change the destination.

See below for what I was using to change the location of the plot:

(defun c:test123 ()
(command "tilemode" "0")
(command "filedia" "0")
(setenv "PlotToFilePath" "C:\\Users\\slosinski\\Desktop")
(command "-PLOT" "Y" "LAYOUT" "ACADE - DWG TO PDF.PC3" "ISO FULL BLEED A1 (594.00 X 841.00 MM)" "M" "L" "N" "E" "1" "C" "Y" "" "Y" "N" "N" "N" "FILENAMETEST" "N" "Y")
(princ)
)
(princ)

This should simply plot to whatever location I have specified, correct? After running the LISP, (getenv "PlotToFilePath") will return the correct path. I can change it manually in the settings- still doesn't work.

The PDF seems to plot to wherever it has last.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Losinski

P.S. I tried to wrap the code in code tags, but that isn't working for me either. But that's a separate issue...

Edited by SLW210
Added Code Tags

Hi Losinski,

Nowhere in your code see you actually making the filename.

(setenv "PlotToFilePath" "C:\\Users\\slosinski\\Desktop")

->

(setq PlotToFilePath "C:\\Users\\slosinski\\Desktop\\") 

(setq PlotFilename (strcat PlotToFilePath "myfilename")) 

gr. Rlx

ps.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-AutoLISP/files/GUID-0C2E8222-62A8-4529-8A8A-58AAB2A5F23B-htm.html

(setenv "MaxArray" "10000") "10000" Note that changes to settings might not take effect until the next time AutoCAD is started.

Edited by rlx

Just type them in [NOPARSE]

CODE GOES HERE

[/NOPARSE] if the # isn't working, I fixed it for you.

Edited by SLW210

Where I work we too plot to same folder as the dwg but that's not always possible depending on the status of the drawing , as built or checked out. So I made an app and placed it in the startup of acad.lsp and that by default uses the drawing folder , if not possible tries a user dependable document control folder or otherwise you can set your own folder , by default c:/temp. Usually works pretty well... so far anywayz...

gr.Rlx

RLFormat.jpg

I have a lisp I created that may do what you want. It saves the PDF in the same folder the drawing is located

(defun PDF (/ fnm)

(if (setq fnm (getfiled "Specify Save Location" "" "pdf" 1))
(progn

(command "tilemode" "0")
(command "-plot" "y" "" "Dwg To PDF.pc3" "ANSI expand D (34.00 x 22.00 Inches)" "I" "L" "N" "E" "1:1" "C" "Y" "CMS_d_black.ctb" "Y" "N" "N" "N" fnm "N" "Y")
)
 )
 )