Changing levels without moving associated items

Penfold

I've working on a fairly messed up MEP model at the moment.

The levels that are in the MEP model are different to those on the architectural model.

I've got a lot of items that are associated to the levels on the MEP model, but are positioned correctly spatially.

How can i align the MEP model level correctly without moving associated items.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure there is an easy solution. I ran into this years ago and not sure how it was solved.

You may have to associate the items to a different level. Move the level and then reassociate.

I've working on a fairly messed up MEP model at the moment.

The levels that are in the MEP model are different to those on the architectural model.

I've got a lot of items that are associated to the levels on the MEP model, but are positioned correctly spatially.

How can i align the MEP model level correctly without moving associated items.

Thanks in advance.

If you move the level, you'll move the MEP elements - period. But!! It shouldn't be as bad as it seems. There are several processes that take minutes to get everything back in order.

For instance, say I come to find my 2nd floor level is 12" taller than the architectural, but all my MEP items are positioned correctly. When I move my level, all my MEP elements will be 12" lower than they should be. All I would do is open an elevation view, turn off Far Clipping and View Cropping, and hide the Links. I can then see and select all my 2nd floor items, and move them up 12". Things that are hosted to architectural elements shouldn't be affected, other than the elevation readout in Properties.

But this is just one example. Give us more details and we can surely assist you.