comma in html

bsimpson

Hi,

When using the report option in Civils 3d, the report executes a number in Html with a comma in it.

I can extract the comma out of the number using the MSExcel filtering options but this is laborious.

How can a report number format be changed to just have a number without the comma separator?

BSimpson

html_comma.JPG

I read a blog that changed C3dreport.dll but could not work that file on my program. When Civils3d generates a report in csv or html the commas are placed at the thousand spacers in the number and the styles and formats in Excel can't change the number and the number with the comma cannot be imported into Civils3d with the comma in it. It takes a number of calculations and formula in Excel to change the number with the comma separator to a number that can be used in Civils3d when importing as a point csv file.

It takes a number of calculations and formula in Excel

I am sure a macro in excel will fix it. After all its VBA based.

There must still be a delimeter probably a space. Just open in word change "," to nothing then max no spaces to "," keep running spaces 5 4 3 2 1 etc then it should be p,x,y,z,d

You say it does not work but without a sample how can we help ?

If you go into the table style settings and change the digit grouping to NOT include a comma. You should just select the one that has only numbers. Hope this helps. It fixed exactly what you were trying to change on my end.

You seam to be on the right track however the command that opens the report manager utilizes a file called civilreports.dll. I cannot find the settings to remove the comma from the number.

comma_number.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have compressed the C3dreport.dll file below, can anyone re-write the dll file so that the digit separator is not a comma and the number reported on by civils3d can be read by MSExcel easily?

C3DReport.zip