AutoCAD Error Message

URCADServices

Having an issue with one CAD file everytime it is opened. Need help with this error: "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created."

Thanks,

Chandra

Welcome to CADTutor Chandra. :)

What software originally created the file (Civil 3D 2015?), and what format is being specified, for saving?

It sounds like this may be a Vertical product related issue.

Is the software up to date, with Hot Fixes and such?

Possibly you will need to download an appropriate Object Enables from Autodesk.

Welcome to CADTutor Chandra. :)

What software originally created the file (Civil 3D 2015?), and what format is being specified, for saving?

It sounds like this may be a Vertical product related issue.

Is the software up to date, with Hot Fixes and such?

Possibly you will need to download an appropriate Object Enables from Autodesk.

Thanks for your reply Dadgad.

I believe, it was created by Civil3D. Software is up to date. Can you please suggest any missing Object Enablers that are causing this error?

Try saving a copy of your file and run AUDIT, on it, perhaps that will find a problem.

I don't use Civil 3D, so I have no specific suggestions as to which , or even if you might need them.

I work with the ProSteel addon to Autocad Vanilla.

If I try to open a ProSteel drawing in Autocad, without firing up the ProSteel part, I get PROXY ITEM NOTIFICATIONS messages, advising me that I have the option of displaying Proxy Objects, Displaying them as a bounday, or just turning off Proxy Object display.

That is why I asked what the software was that created the dwg, as well as the FORMAT to which you were trying to save?

If you go to Autodesk, and look for Object Enablers for your software, you may find a free download that will make the difference.

Check this link out https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-architecture-autocad-mep-2015-object-enabler.html

Try doing an AUDIT on a copy first though, and see if that might make the difference.

Edited by Dadgad

Regarding the specific message you are getting. There is something called the AutoDesk Knowledge Network users should become familiar with wherein you search on the error message to see if AutoDesk has issued a white paper. Guess what? They did.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-One-or-more-objects-in-this-drawing-cannot-be-saved-to-the-specified-format.html

I'm not sure why some people never think of conducting a search on the specific error message they are seeing. Maybe they are afraid they'll get 10,000 hits and dread the thought of wading through site after site searching for the one answer that will solve their problem or at least give them a list of possible causes/solutions? Shake head here.:unsure:

Peeps! Every problem one encounters will NOT always have a single, definitive, sure-fire, and easily found solution.

I often do that myself, I just wasn't aware that Autodesk had a dedicated portal for that information, but it certainly makes good sense. :|

Point of clarification. My last response was not directed at you Dadgad.

It just makes sense that when one is working in a specific program and an error message is encountered, unless there is some indication it is a Windows related problem, the obvious (at least to me) approach is to search on the name of the program plus the error message. Example....

"AutoDesk Inventor"+"Problems encountered while saving the document"

Thus leading to this article....

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unable-to-Import-DWG-DXF.html