Vertical lines are breaking up

Faust R.

Last week I installed a new graphics card. Nvidia e-GeForce 8400GS. I loaded all available drivers. AutoCad LT 2006 is now having problems with vertical lines while I'm panning. I can draw a vertical line and then pan and the line appears to break up. I've spoken with Nvidia and have determined that it's not the new card. I have also done unistall/re-installs on both the graphics card and AutoCad Lt 2006. How do I fix this annoying problem?

When you say "breaking up" does it mean that it appears as portions of the vertical lines are missing or that their appearance is "jagged"?

As I pan with the mouse, all vertical lines including the cursor appear to become "jagged" as the images move across the monitor.

It's a function of the resolution of your graphics card and the viewing angle of your monitor. I've had it happen to me. I'll swear that a perfectly straight vertical line has been drawn at a very slight angle. To verify the line is indeed straight just highlight it and click on properties.

What resolution are you using?

Let me be more clear. I can draw a perfectly straight vertical line, and then pan the entire screen with my mouse. While panning, the vertical line I just drew is breaking up wildly, or becoming very jagged as I pan.

how do I change the refresh rate of the graphics card? It is a Nvidia e-GeForce 8400GS. I think the refresh rate is set to 72. My screen res is at 1280x1024.

I've tried everything I can think of. I don't think it's the refresh rate. I've tried setting it higher and it does nothing to solve my problem.

Sounds like a driver problem to me. Check out AutoDesk's website for their recommended driver rather than the one from nVidea.

It's not very old. Less than two years. I recently cleaned out all the dust. Can anyone tell me how to get to the hardware accelerater? I think maybe that box is unchecked...I just can't seem to find it. My current system is AutoCad LT 2006.