AUtoCAD 360 commercial

halam

Freshly broadcast on youtube to win some harts

Don't really know what to think of it, makes me a bit sad as Longtime AutoCAD user, i think..

Any thoughts?

It's not the product, its HOW they sell it..

Earlier this week, news from the Revit bim storm front.

"Will Russia Become the North Star of BIM Technology"

What's is this saying? Buy Revit and we conquer Russia...

Vs.

Buy Autocad and stay a geek?

(Just maybe my obeservations, interpretations..)

Edited by halam

Ah, I see now. Yeah, from this perspective, not sure how to take it either.

Vs.

(Just maybe my observations, interpretations..)

Haha, this is funny. Revit isn't anything special enough to "conquer" anything. Marketing fluff. And buying AutoCAD won't keep you a geek, just unemployed in certain industries.

:)

Vs.

(Just maybe my obeservations, interpretations..)

To me it seemed like a glorified Apple (Mac) commercial. Introduce a totally made up and non-realistic situation and then try to prove the product's worth with it's 'solution'.

I mean before tablets one could NEVER take their CAD program to the job sit before, amirite? ;)

I like how NOW you can use it with the Apple pencil, perhaps my 4 year old Galaxy Note 10.1 (with active stylus and digitizer) can finally be cool ;)

To me it seemed like a glorified Apple (Mac) commercial. Introduce a totally made up and non-realistic situation and then try to prove the product's worth with it's 'solution'.

I mean before tablets one could NEVER take their CAD program to the job sit before, amirite? ;)

I like how NOW you can use it with the Apple pencil, perhaps my 4 year old Galaxy Note 10.1 (with active stylus and digitizer) can finally be cool ;)

Or the fact that they compared it to a person doing hand drafting. This level of hand drafting is non-existent in the contemporary work place anymore. And the worst part is... the audience the commercial was intended for all know this.

Exactly, such a stupid commercial! Much like the ones that swear that they can hand draft faster than I can CAD. I'll race them ANY DAY! If I see someone hand drafting, I know the ones that will NOT be hiring.

It's like the ACME products used by W. .E. Cayote. Any shampoo commercial is more convincing. They sure haven't any clue what people do with AutoCAD..

i really wonder how many $ they spend on Marketing?? (in comparison to development..)