Civil Cross Sections

Engineer_learning

Hello,

I am an engineer new to working with civil 3D and have little training!

I am generating multiple cross sections for my pipe alignment and corridor however, when I create them there is a large amount of white space between the views and the scale is very small.

I have tried to play with many style setting to fix but I am unable to? As a result I have 9 sections per page but they only take up 50% of the space and are hard to read. Any help on how I can make these section become larger, at a bigger scale and closer together would be very helpful!

Thanks

Cross Sections.pdf

Hello,

please try this:

open toolspace

expand your alignments

find the alignment you based the sections from

expand this all the way until you see the 'section view groups'

right-click on the section group and select 'properties'

select the tab at the top marked 'section views'

you will see a column called 'group plot styles'

open the plot style you are using to edit it

pick the tab at the top called 'array'

at the bottom-left there are options to adjust the column and row spacing for the section views

once you adjust it and back all the way out of these options you will [probably] need to pick a section, right-click on it and select "update section view layout"

hope this works for you.

phil

Hi Phil,

I have been onsite all week.

I tried in the toolspace and prospector tab, but when I expand my alignment I do not get 'section view groups'??

I do get Profiles, Profile Views and Sample Line Groups?

Nope I was wrong found it, but when adjusting this it did not change anything?

My scale is very small, 1 to 1000 but I can not seem to be able to adjust the horizontal scale in the Section View Style??

You might find the adjustments you're looking for in the section view group properties.

right-click on a section

select 'edit section view style'

this will have the fields for horizontal and vertical scale in addition to grid padding.

...hope this helps

Hi All,

Seems I have found what I need from above to make the cross sections bigger thanks.

The bigger problem I now have is when I make new sections I do not see anything on them? I have no around surface or my road alignment is also not shown?

When I go to the 'make multiple sections ' wizard, on the elevation range page there is nothing to select in the "Select Section" drop down menu?

hi,

expand your alignment that the sections are made from until you find the 'sample line group' you are drawing sections from

right-click on the section line group name

select properties

go to the sections tab

at the right, at the top, you'll see a button for 'sample more sources'

you most likely need to add additional items to what the sample line group is 'sampling'

hope this helps...

• 4 weeks later...

I have been working with this for a while now and while I have a much better scale I can still only get 4 sections per page when there is definitely room for more!

If I try and manually move the section, the border moves and my alignment assemble moved but the original ground stays in the same place so I can not seem to be able to move the sections around and get more on a page manually???

Does anyone know why this is happening?

The file is very big!

I have been able to figure out how to move the sections laterally and the ground comes too, just not up and down!