3d move

wonderpriya

"I'm not sure what you did differently than I ..."

It looks like my polyline wasn't closed. I though I had checked. Me bad!

A four vertex polyline that is closed will create a curve that looks like an ellipse with the pedit/spline option. Since pedit /spline generates a 3rd order B-spline I am not sure the result is an exact ellipse which is a 2nd order curve (not that anyone would visually notice the difference). Since the curve created via pedit/spline does not touch the parallelogram it requires the user to do some guess work to scale it correctly.

~Lee

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• wonderpriya

• lrm

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your replies. The net was down yesterday. I showed the project today. He wants me to fill in the empty space in the restaurant with more tables and chairs and show it tomorrow. One person in my class had put a real picture in a frame on the wall in the autocad drawing. How do I do that? Also I used blue hatch pattern as flooring but it is not seeming as 3d but is vertical. Can hatch pattern be used as flooring in 2d isometric? https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1coxr67ug1jy9p/restaurant_2disometric.dwg?dl=0

It's possible the other student used the IMAGEATTACH command and sized the picture to fit the frame.

Hatch patterns in a 2D isometric? I'd have to give that some thought as I've never had the need to add a hatch in any of the 2D isometrics I did in the past.

OK...I'm back. Tested and confirmed. It is possible. I have not opened your drawing yet so I can't tell you what the problem might be at the moment.

I looked at your drawing and I see the hatch pattern you used for flooring. It's not what I would have gone with as it is the same exact one used on the cabinets. How then does one tell the difference between flooring and the cabinets? It is confusing. And I am not sure what you mean by "it is not seeming as 3D". Why would it? The drawing is 2D. Were you expecting it to look like a material was applied as one might do to a 3D model then render it? I would try looking for a suitable flooring-type hatch and not use the "angle" pattern. You'll have to do an Internet search. I'll check my folders and see what I may have but I normally don't do this time of work so I make no promises. Another approach would be to do a tile floor which might make more sense.

BTW...some of the hatch pattern used for the flooring appears to have covered some of the furniture as well. That will have to be fixed.

I'm not really sure what you are looking for as far as a flooring hatch. Are you talking about wood planking? I don't seem to have any flooring hatch patterns on my computer.

I found a butted herringbone pattern (HERRINGB) and something called 2H-Stone that could double as tile for a floor. Depending on the scale used it could look nice.

http://www.dotsoft.com/acadhatch.htm

If you scroll down the page I believe there are instructions given on methods for adding hatch patterns to AutoCAD.

Actually I liked blue flooring but I don't know how to put it. I did image attach but the picture is in 2d plane and not in the 3d wall. What do I do?

Listen very carefully. The angle pattern is not a good choice for flooring. It's primary purpose is for depicting metal.

Re: picture. The wall is not 3D. It may look 3D to your eyes but that is strictly an illusion (a trick your eyes are playing on you). For the picture to be on the wall you would have had to used the left or right isoplane to draw the frame but that doesn't guarantee the image will attach correctly. Maybe the other student did a true 3D model or he did his isometric as a 3D wireframe. If I had a copy of the drawing I could probably figure it out but I don't.

BiblioCAD has a Planks hatch pattern. You can download it from here...http://www.bibliocad.com/library/planks-hatch_20273 Not exactly a winner in my book but it would do.

One idea just came to mind but I haven't tested it. Perhaps it would be possible to use a single line brick pattern and adjust the X,Y scale to elongate the it and the result may well look like staggered wood boards.

Well if you had asked soon after you got the assignment I think we could have done a lot more/better. You do your best; that's all anyone can ask.

You could hatch the area twice with the hatch lines going at an effective angle of 30° and -30°.

To do this use the hatch pattern ANSI31 and set the angle to 105 (45 + 60) and an appropriate scale, I used a scale of 3. Then make a copy of the hatch and use and angle of 345 (45 -60 = -15° or 345°).

To place an image on the wall use attach to import the image then rotate it as follows:

rotate3d about Y axis by 45

rotate3d about X axis by 35.2644

The attached picture shows the result befroe and after the roate3d.restaurant_floor.JPG

Is there a reason you are creating the drawing as a 2D isometric rather than working in 3D?

Lee

The same affect could be had using the NET hatch and adjusting the scale. That might prove easier.

Regarding why 2D and not 3D. A combination of factors. The OP did not have much in the way of 3D experience. His laptop relies upon an integrated graphics chip while only having 4GB ram installed running the OS, AutoCAD a a handful of other programs in the background. He made the mistake of exploding 3D models down to their 3DFaces thus ballooning the drawing up into the 5+MB range and to the point where even trying to move an object resulted in AutoCAD freezing. Those are just the highlights.

Re: picture. Could you use the ALIGN command to align the picture to the top of the wall then move it into position? After testing this suggestion I found out the answer is "no". Use the method as described above by IRM.

Edited by ReMark

Like I'm working in 2d isometric because the autocad is hanging and not responding when i try to insert blocks from the web in 3d. I'm not able to do hatch ANS131 because the autocad stops responding. How do I put exact angles in 3drotate? When using ALIGN its not aligning to all 4 faces simultaneously. When I align it to the top of the wall it doesnt align to the side of the wall. And when I align it to the side of the wall it doesnt align to the top of the wall. What do I do?

Like I'm working in 2d isometric because the autocad is hanging and not responding when i try to insert blocks from the web in 3d. I'm not able to do hatch ANS131 because the autocad stops responding. How do I put exact angles in 3drotate? When using ALIGN its not aligning to all 4 faces simultaneously. When I align it to the top of the wall it doesnt align to the side of the wall. And when I align it to the side of the wall it doesnt align to the top of the wall. What do I do?

Until today I did not have the opportunity to test the ALIGN command but after having done so my results were the same as yours. ALIGN is not the command to use. I've made note of this in my previous response. What does work, and I have tested it this morning, is IRM's suggestion regarding ROTATE3D and the X/Y axis. It goes something like this...

Command:

ROTATE3D

Current positive angle: ANGDIR=counterclockwise ANGBASE=0

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify first point on axis or define axis by

[Object/Last/View/Xaxis/Yaxis/Zaxis/2points]: Y

Specify a point on the Y axis :

Specify rotation angle or [Reference]: 45

Command:

ROTATE3D

Current positive angle: ANGDIR=counterclockwise ANGBASE=0

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify first point on axis or define axis by

[Object/Last/View/Xaxis/Yaxis/Zaxis/2points]: X

Specify a point on the X axis :

Specify rotation angle or [Reference]: 35.2644

You do have to pick on the frame (I picked on the midpoint of the bottom of the frame) when asked to specify a point on either axis.

Re: hatching & AutoCAD not responding. Maybe AutoCAD is having trouble defining the boundary of the hatch or your hatch scale is so dense it is overwhelming your system.

Yeah. Do you know how I can start autocad business?

Yes. First learn all you can about AutoCAD both 2D and 3D and/or whatever program(s) you'll be using. Second, create a portfolio of examples of your best 2D and 3D drawings/renderings you can show to a perspective client. Third, create a CV or resume. Fourth, network, network and network some more. Making contacts with people/businesses is how you will generate business yourself. Fifth, keep up with your education. Software changes (evolves) and you should be as knowledgeable as possible. Sixth, work smarter not harder. It will also help if you sit down and write up a business plan.

CV vs. Resume:

http://theundercoverrecruiter.com/cv-vs-resume-difference-and-when-use-which/

I'll try rotate3d. Do you know if there is any trick in doing plan and isometric drawing of a residence on paper. Because we are supposed to do residence on paper and the lines are all crooked. I like computer and am able to do it on computer and not on paper.

Like I got an idea in business. One has to do something acc to their culture. So I sliced their dome and from inside it looks like a a big window of that crossection.

Also I modified their room and put many glass doors next to each other in a line.

For drawing a simple 2D floor plan a "T" square and at least one draftsman's triangle would be required. I'd draw it on translucent vellum. Why? Because it will hold up better than plain paper if you find yourself erasing and redrawing parts of the floor plan.

I would also suggest you do your isometric drawing on a piece of translucent vellum and slip a piece of isometric graph/grid paper under it. Then buy or borrow a drafting triangle to draw your lines with. Make sure to tape the isometric graph paper to a flat surface then tape the vellum over it. For any isometric circles you have to draw buy or borrow an ellipse drafting template.

If you cannot find isometric graph paper then you will need to have on hand, at the very least, a "T" square and a minimum of one 30-60-90 degree triangle.

You may be in luck when it comes to isometric grid paper. Check this website out for printable versions...

https://www.printablepaper.net/category/isometric_graph

Edited by ReMark

Like I got an idea in business. One has to do something acc to their culture. So I sliced their dome and from inside it looks like a a big window of that crossection.

Also I modified their room and put many glass doors next to each other in a line.

That's all well and good but you will need a portfolio of drawings to show prospective clients. These should be "finished" drawings meaning you'll need a title block and border with your company name and/or logo on it. Do you have anything designed like that yet?

Is this going to be an interior design business? If the answer is "yes" then if I were a prospective client I would ask to see floor plans, elevations and presentation drawings meaning drawings with materials applied and rendered. All of these must look professional in appearance. Sloppy or incomplete work will turn off a potential customer.