bcarlso2

Count Occurrences of Specific String

bcarlso2

I am trying to script a counter of specific strings. How can I select all occurrences of text that has a specific value? I cannot use filter or quickselect, and I cannot get selection sets to find specified values. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using ACADE 2015.

BIGAL

You are incorrect about using selection sets, just make a selection set of text or mtext then look at each string using (wcmatch txtstring "your string*") it will return T true if it matches.

Dadgad

I don't understand why you are unable to use Filter, how about using FIND & REPLACE, just for the search functionality?

tombu
I don't understand why you are unable to use Filter, how about using FIND & REPLACE, just for the search functionality?

The Filter command was how I learned to do it a quarter century ago. We have many selection options now, but Filter will always be on my list.

bcarlso2
You are incorrect about using selection sets, just make a selection set of text or mtext then look at each string using (wcmatch txtstring "your string*") it will return T true if it matches.

I found a way to do it. I ended up finding the dxf group codes I needed to specify the contents with ssget.

bcarlso2

It uses a popup window, therefore it cannot be scripted how I need it.