Mark1878

Electrical Symbols

Mark1878

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a full library of Electrical symbols please?

RobDraw

Do you want to pay for them?

Keep in mind that anything you get for free will be worth what you pay for them. Personally, I would make my own to suit my standards.

ReMark

Personally I agree with RobDraw. Create your own blocks. However, there are those who don't have the time, the inclination or just don't care what they use as long as it is free. In that case check out the CAD/BIM Blocks Library at the CAD Forum. Since the website caters mainly to people who utilize the metric system just make sure to check the units of any drawing you download in case it matters.

Mark1878

Thanks for the advise !:)

f700es

Shoot, I took them as well ;)

Thanks Tanner

tzframpton

No prob, enjoy.

:)

-TZ

Mark1878

Morning Guys,

I'm back on this.. I am useless with CAD!

Basically what is the best way to do this, for example I start a new drawing, I want to be able to access a library of electrical symbols. I'm getting so many different answers, insert blocks, use DC.. I'm stuck?

RobDraw

As you are finding out, in AutoCAD there are many ways to do the same thing. It's up to you to find out what works best for you by trying out all the suggestions.

Do yourself a favor and do some studying or enroll in a basics course. That will help get the ball rolling.

f700es

I would save those symbol drawings somewhere that you and others, if needed, can access them. Perhaps on a server in a shared folder. Once there in ANY open drawing type ADC (autocad design center) and the Design Center window will open. Click on the folder icon on the top left to open one of these saved symbol drawings. Open it and then select block from the list under the drawing name. You should have a window full of blocks that can be clicked and dragged into your working drawing. Easy as can be. ;)

Screenshot_3.jpg

ReMark
Morning Guys,

I'm back on this.. I am useless with CAD!

Basically what is the best way to do this, for example I start a new drawing, I want to be able to access a library of electrical symbols. I'm getting so many different answers, insert blocks, use DC.. I'm stuck?

Can you name for us some of the symbols you are looking for?

BIGAL

I am a bit old fashioned so use menu's and the method of slides to pick common stuff. Very fast for the common pick stuff, then I would use DC for picking seldomly used. They can be multi paged for a lot of common blocks. You can have a menu with a class

ScreenShot008.jpg

ScreenShot009.jpg