Cannot save my drawing! Help!

matramurena

I was busy modifying a drawing and when I wanted to print it I received the following errormessage:

DIA\dwg\Dia-dialyseombouw1.dwg" has a command in progress.

Hit enter to cancel or [Retry]: R

I can still draw in the drawing, I can render, orbit, the lot but I can't plot anything and worse than that... I can't save my drawing because I get the same error when I try that. For now I just keep my pc on and hope someone has a solution.

It is still hapening in 2007? Omg!

As a quick help try to:

-Save as

-Wblock

-If you have more drawings opened: CTRL+TAB and save/close the other drawings

Search in the forum, I posted long time ago about this

It's even worse than that! I'm using Autocad 2008!

Thanx for the tip I saved it now using the text "save" in the command-bar. That worked although the button save didn't.....

this 'cannot save due to command in progress' happens to me constantly, I thought it was me doing something wrong at first (I'm a relitive novice with ACAD) however my collegues also have the same problem. To overcome we've just been exiting acad and it then prompts the user to save the file.

this 'cannot save due to command in progress' happens to me constantly, I thought it was me doing something wrong at first (I'm a relitive novice with ACAD) however my collegues also have the same problem. To overcome we've just been exiting acad and it then prompts the user to save the file.

Rarely happens to me, but when it does i just copy/paste everything from 0,0 into a new drawing @0,0 - Save it, then close the "original". I've searched it before on Autodesk forums, everyone says it's just a bug.

hi there,

When that happens, simply type in the word "save" at the autocad command promt and the dialog should appear, then save it to where you want.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I just did have the same problem (not able to save dwg.), I did type SAVE, it worked, but I could not close the drawing. So I typed EXIT, the program closed. Does this only happen with 3D Drawings?

Not sure about that, I have some civil 3d files that also surfaced the same problem, same with regular 2D files. saving does not work but the "save progress" prompt when closing autoCAD works. quite risky though coz you wont be sure if it really gets saved when you close CAD, but it works.

this happens to me a lot when going in and out of viewports in paper space. I use 2005. I just close the drawing and then it asks me to save and I save it. Or I save as. One of the two will always work for me. It is annoying though.