Polylines areas , perimeter , volume lisp

سبع الليل

• 1 month later...
Thanks San3 Elleeal

Please use small letters instead of CAPITAL letters.

Well, we can clearly see he's a CAD user with the caps ON lol

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I've never understood why anyone uses uppercase in CAD drawings. It's painful to read, takes up more space, and doesn't allow acronyms like DOT, MUTCD, or AASHTO to stand out the way they should.

Back when drawings were done by hand uppercase letters were easier to draw, but CAD's been around now longer than half the people using it. I know change is hard, but come on!

I don't download files from anyplace I'm not familiar with.

I've never understood why anyone uses uppercase in CAD drawings. It's painful to read, takes up more space, and doesn't allow acronyms like DOT, MUTCD, or AASHTO to stand out the way they should.

Back when drawings were done by hand uppercase letters were easier to draw, but CAD's been around now longer than half the people using it. I know change is hard, but come on!

Here's a discussion on that from a few years back.

Here's a discussion on that from a few years back.

Many of those out there, I've posted of a few like: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?35882-CAPS-vs-Sentence-Style-Capitalization&p=1297180&viewfull=1#post1297180

I've never understood why the way we do our job has always been set in concrete as standards. There's been 22 versions of AutoCAD while I've been using it with major improvements like TrueType fonts and Style based plot styles that have been around for 19 versions. Many offices haven't tried Paper Space for plotting that's been around since r11.

No where else is would uppercase be acceptable, why is it acceptable in drawings?

Many of those out there, I've posted of a few like: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?35882-CAPS-vs-Sentence-Style-Capitalization&p=1297180&viewfull=1#post1297180

I've never understood why the way we do our job has always been set in concrete as standards....

No where else is would uppercase be acceptable, why is it acceptable in drawings?

Standards are good IMO .. they just don't get updated frequently enough ( DOT GOV etc ..) I've fought the same "standards" for years (I'm the type or person that is a real pain in the @$$ always asking "why are we doing things this way?") until I eventually rewrote our company drafting standards & software, which moved along pretty swiftly since we are a small company. I don't like the all caps either, but it does read easier on 1/2 scale prints.

Standards are good IMO .. they just don't get updated frequently enough ( DOT GOV etc ..) I've fought the same "standards" for years (I'm the type or person that is a real pain in the @$$ always asking "why are we doing things this way?") until I eventually rewrote our company drafting standards & software, which moved along pretty swiftly since we are a small company. I don't like the all caps either, but it does read easier on 1/2 scale prints.

Florida's DOT uses sentence case in their Design Standards: http://www.fdot.gov/roadway/DS/18/STDs.shtm

Using title case is the only way I'm able to label trees for example on a tabloid drawing with 60 or more on it. It simply often isn't possible with uppercase without reducing the text size to where it isn't readable. Using Arial Narrow or AutoCAD's Swiss Lt BT font helps even more.

Well, here in Quebec, many offices use it. It's easier to read when you got a lot of éêëè, etc.

Well, here in Quebec, many offices use it. It's easier to read when you got a lot of éêëè, etc.

Makes sense I guess, you don't use the symbols on uppercase? I've never used one in a drawing here.

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2017 at 7:16 PM, سبع الليل said:

HI GUYS

HOW DO YOU DO

I HAVE DESIGNED THIS LISP TO HELP IN QUANTITY SURVEYING

I HOPE IT IS USEFUL FOR YOU

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

http://www.mediafire.com/file/594etbspmu7az0c/POLYLINES_AREAS_%2C_PERIMETER_%2C_VOLUME.rar

AND THIS IS HOW CAN YOU USE IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9485Qnc6rk8&feature=youtu.be

THANK YOU

hi

video is unavailing can u send another link to can see that

• 4 years later...