carvemytomb

Annotative Dimension Issue with Fractions

I am having a problem with Annotative Dimensions and fractional inches.

What appears to be happening is this: when a "space" appears between numbers, letters or symbols in a dimension, the annotative dimension views this as a "new line of text", and places the following numbers, letters or symbols on the next line. I attempted to change the width of the text box, but this does not help, as it is already wide enough. I noticed that when I remove the space between the number 7 and the fraction 1/2 (see images below), the problem goes away; this is what lead me to believe the annotative dimension is treating the space as a new line of text.

How do I stop annotative text from doing this without having to remove the space? Please help, and thank you.

Problem image 01 (fraction pushed to second line of text):

2j1wf41.jpg

Problem image 02 (text box width does not appear to be the problem):

2lctuky.jpg

Problem image 03 (removed space between the number 7 and the fraction 1/2):

501f1z.jpg

this format 1'-1 1/8 is what you want. crucial. Looks fine. If i am misunderstand sry. BTW dont ever override or put text over a dimension. If this is not what your talking about I apologize.

Maybe if you modify your dimension style to include a stacked option for fraction format under the "primary units" tab it will give you a look that works.