CivilPrice

.LAS LiDAR Surface Creation in C3D 2018

CivilPrice

What happened? Why is there no way to organize the points by their classification in AutoCAD or ReCap?

Am I missing something??? or did 2018 downgrade so that you are forced to purchase an extension?

I am so very confused. How do you create a points cloud to create a surface with super accurate LiDAR information from a .las file without capturing ever bush, building, obstacle within the entire site? How to you filter out the ground points from trees, building, ect? It shows the classification, but there is no way to include exclude from a surface???

Thanks for any input.

Eric

CivilPrice

This looks legit. Unfortunately they lock our computers down, so I have to go through IT to download it. I cannot believe they offer it up for free. If it works I will throw them a few bucks of my own money.

Thank you!

does anyone else have this issue?

halam

I don't use 2018 yet. Maybe Autodesk decided Recap should be used to create surfaces from now on. From Recap as first tool use Autodesk pointcloud format In their other flagships. It wouldn't surprise me. It seems Technology is as easy phased out as in..

Edited by halam

TerryDotson
Maybe the addin from Dotsoft might help you out.

http://dotsoft.com/blog/?p=508

For those who find this useful, a LidarTools2019.dll has been added for Civil3D 2019 compatibility.