Wood Hatches

steepcreeker

I'm looking for a shareware hatch for wood grain. Something that will work for wood trim in details. There must be something free in the cyber world. I would perfer not to spend money on a lot of hatches that I will not use but a few.

Thanks

I did find a pattern I like, now where do I put the .pat files and the slide Library files so autocad will recognize them in the dialog box?

I have full Autocad and I keep mine here: C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Name Here"\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2006\R16.2\enu\Custom\Hatch

"Custom" and "Hatch" are folders that I created within the "enu" folder.

you don't need the slide library anymore (after release 14)...simply place the *.pat file in a directory that is defined in the support file serach path in the options...i usually keep my custom hatches in a separate folder (just to keep things tiddy) but i think you could simply copy it to the support directory in acad...

Hi Streepcreeker

Being a cabinet maker and do my own designs I use wood hatch patterns to bring my drawings to life. So I recommend that you consider splashing out around $29 and purchase a set from this guy.

http://hatchpatterns.com/

and a example of their use can be found at

http://rapidshare.com/files/28566502/Wardrobe.dwg.html

Alan

Guest Alan Cullen

You can also copy your hatch pattern definitions to the end of the acad.pat file under the section user defined hatch patterns.....that way they will migrate when you do an upgrade of acad.

that way they will migrate when you do an upgrade of acad.

Disclaimer... Only if you allow AutoCAD to do the migration for you. Many users answer NO to this question to avoid surprises.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread But it touches on what I need.

A simple wood end Hatch... I have followed the above links which lead to what I thorght was what I wanted but it causes error when loading. "error in patern file"

I realy need a wood hatch that looks like the end of a board. Can someone help me PLS...

Thankyou in advance...