peterg

Can't find drawing in viewport

peterg

I have created a drawing in the model space, but when I select a viewport I cannot find the drawing. I must have a setting that is not correct, I think it is something to do with the size of my model space, can anyone point me in the right direction (AutoCAD 2016)

ReMark

Make the viewport active then execute a Zoom > Extents. Does your drawing appear now?

peterg

Hi Mark, I had tried zoom all but just tried zoom extents but neither work.

When I open a new drawing it is like the model space is massively too big as when I draw a line of reasonable length I have to zoom right in to continue with the drawing.

ReMark

Which drawing template file are you using? Is it acad.dwt?

peterg

Yes, using a dwt template

Cad64
I have created a drawing in the model space, but when I select a viewport I cannot find the drawing.

What happens when you switch to the Model tab and do a Zoom All or Zoom Extents? Does the drawing disappear? If so, you probably have an object floating way out in space somewhere. You will need to track it down and delete it.

ReMark
Yes, using a dwt template

That's not what I asked. Of course you are using "a drawing template" the point is which template? The default template for AutoCAD is based on imperial units (decimal inches) and is named acad.dwt. Since I see you are based in England then I assume you want to be using a metric based drawing template in which case you might want to select acadiso.dwt as your template file.

peterg

Sorry, it is a bespoke Template, I have now solved the problem by re-importing the original template. I think the template I was using had somehow become corrupted, but thanks for your input.

Dana W

Translate.

English - Bespoke

American - Custom Proprietary

On this side of the pond the word Bespoke usually connotes "Very High End" designer custom stuff I can't afford. Over here when one hears the word Bespoke, it means you are talking to an interior designer and she/he is going to blow your budget into orbit around the Klingon Home World. :rofl: