cat3appr

freeze a hatch from being selected?

cat3appr

hi

i need to manipulate objects on top of a hatch ( sitting in its layer) and each time the hatch gets selected is really annoying because i cant see and move the other object properly.

is there a way to freeze the hatch from being selected when hoovering with the mouse on it?

many thanks!

ReMark

Use a lisp routine that will hide objects only making them visible again once you have completed the task.

Or.....you could have a dedicated layer called HATCH which could then be frozen or locked as you like.

cat3appr

of course i have the hatch on the layer. if i froze or lock it, it still gets selected when hovering into it

Cad64

I agree with ReMark. Just turn off the hatch layer while you're working and then turn it back on when you're done.

ReMark
of course i have the hatch on the layer. if i froze or lock it, it still gets selected when hovering into it

To be clear....your hatch pattern is on its own layer, different than the layer the object you want to manipulate is on, and it still gets selected even if the hatch layer is frozen or locked?