How to Get pump symbols from Autocad P&ID 2017

Sengna

Hi all,

It's my first time using Autocad P&ID, on the attachment it show some block symbols, but i could not find the different type of pump symbols? how can i get that? do i need to upload from external to this software? If i need something on P&ID software how do i search for it. Thank you for all the input for these questions? any good P&ID course that your guys can recommend.

Edited by Sengna

Pump symbols would most likely be found on the P&ID ISA tool palette. It looks like you have called up the P&ID PIP tool palette instead.

BTW...you do know that AutoDesk has discontinued AutoCAD P&ID and they no longer offer support or updates don't you? I wouldn't bother trying to find a course for a program that has been discontinued. Try looking for a book over at Amazon as it may be your one last chance for obtaining anything useful.

Just in case you think I am kidding...

AutoCAD_PID.jpg

Pump symbols would most likely be found on the P&ID ISA tool palette. It looks like you have called up the P&ID PIP tool palette instead.

BTW...you do know that AutoDesk has discontinued AutoCAD P&ID and they no longer offer support or updates don't you? I wouldn't bother trying to find a course for a program that has been discontinued. Try looking for a book over at Amazon as it may be your one last chance for obtaining anything useful.

Just in case you think I am kidding...

[ATTACH]63623[/ATTACH]

Ok, got you, you are so smart ReMark. i went to tool pallet and under the Equipment it has one pump symbol on there, i wish they have different type of pumps. wow that is disappointed that Autodesk will not continue to develope more on this PID software. I don't know much about Autocad Plant 3D, will they have PID on there?

Yes, AutoCAD Plant comes with a P&ID component.

Re: Pump symbols. You can create custom symbols for the pumps you typically specify.

Yes, AutoCAD Plant comes with a P&ID component.

Re: Pump symbols. You can create custom symbols for the pumps you typically specify.

so can i import block symbols on autocad PID so that my co-worker can use.

Define: import. I mentioned creating your own symbols. I suppose if you have equipment or valve blocks that were created using plain AutoCAD they too could be used. I'm guessing that the symbols that come with AutoCAD P&ID have predefined attributes. Is that correct?