Putting image on surface

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi,

I want to visualize a design i am making for a banner, since i am not that good in photoshop i try to remake the banner in autocad and put the image 'on' the banner.

However the banner in not an flat surface, but a bit hollow with rounded sides (so that it can stand on it self).

I made the banner the same size als the autocad drawing, but now i want the image to be on the surface of it. Is there an way to do this best ?

The attached file shows the same banner, althoug 1 as an extruded Pline and the other as an "closed thing" (so offset the pline, closed it and then extruded it.

Any help on this =

Naamloos.jpg

i didnt draw your exact shape but i drew something similar. I used planar mapping and selected my surface. then just create a material using your image file and scale it appropriately.

the icons have changed in different versions but i believe the command is SETUV.

there is a post further down this page asking a similar question about mapping.

PlanarMapping.jpg

I was able to do it with the materials, although i first didn't know how to scale it.

Now i did get it like i want, although the left side shows an bit of the right side of the image. I could just delete that part from the element, but for now i got what i want.

Thanks

dfgdfgdfg.jpg

well if you use mapping and set your bitmap to fit object, you will get one "tile" per surface. I believe that is the intention of using mapping. After you "map" a surface then you will just apply material to that. I dont have the experience with this so hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Hi,

I want to visualize a design i am making for a banner, since i am not that good in photoshop i try to remake the banner in autocad and put the image 'on' the banner.

However the banner in not an flat surface, but a bit hollow with rounded sides (so that it can stand on it self).

I made the banner the same size als the autocad drawing, but now i want the image to be on the surface of it. Is there an way to do this best ?

The attached file shows the same banner, althoug 1 as an extruded Pline and the other as an "closed thing" (so offset the pline, closed it and then extruded it.

Any help on this =

me too. in 2007 i havent encountered this mapping problem but when i got to 2009... thats where i got this mapping problem..

and looks like you got it right... what did you do?:)

Command "Rmat" for opening material, made an new material, as an diffuse map i added the image and under 'material offset and preview' i tried to fit it in the way you see a few posts back.

Dunno if that was the right way, but got me the result you see above.