How much material?

Yinten

Is there a option in MEP that will list out the amount of material I use.

Right now I am just drawing a PVC waste system in 3d and i would like to know how much 3" 6" 2" pipe I am using, a list of fittings and how many?

If not well guess ill bust out the calculator.

And does MEP have a option to use bushings instead of bell reducers for PVC

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• Siberian

• cadgal

• Jacko93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ooh!! I want to know also - i was just asked to do this today, and while I know MEP can do it, I dont' know how Mep can do it.

Does anyone else here know?

That is a very cool program, thank you very much!

It does seem a little off though, I know I have my units screwed up, but it seems to not add in the vertical runs of pipe, is that true?

I just played with it for a few minutes, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

thank you very much!

I just did a test model in a new drawing, with a simple pipe run, and it worked perfectly! I think it's just my file. It was my first attempt every with MEP and there are quite a few things wrong with that file. Live and Learn I guess, the next project will go much smoother.

thank you again for that program

• 1 month later...

Or you could use the scheduling part of the MEP program. You can modify the schedules to read any information you want, right down to it showing cut-lengths, with the fitting insertion distance included for use with factory spools and the likes.

Or you could use the scheduling part of the MEP program. You can modify the schedules to read any information you want, right down to it showing cut-lengths, with the fitting insertion distance included for use with factory spools and the likes.

Are you talking with using PSD's along with scheduling? I'm working on an in house system on that myself. Seems tricky when you start getting into the really "detailed" information.

Ah, i've never been one for TLA's. I managed a while ago to glean an awful lot of information from all sorts of objects. It does get complicated though, like most things with Autodesk, the further you go into it, the more links you create to other parts of the program and you can tangle yourself up quite easily. I have done so many a time. Once you get it right though, they can be invaluable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also trying to use schedules to list my pipe lengths. In my tool palette I have the "Pipe Quantity Schedule". I'm trying to modify this schedule to include my pipe lengths as well, but all I end up with in that column is a dash. Any idea why?

I'm also trying to use schedules to list my pipe lengths. In my tool palette I have the "Pipe Quantity Schedule". I'm trying to modify this schedule to include my pipe lengths as well, but all I end up with in that column is a dash. Any idea why?

Can you post the file?

Can you post the file?

Not much to post, I can just draw a pipe and the schedule would look like this using the option from the tool palette on the left.

schedule.jpg

Not much to post, I can just draw a pipe and the schedule would look like this using the option from the tool palette on the left.

The thing is, sometimes you have to go and edit the PSD in the Table Column. Right click the table, and select "Add All Property Sets" and see if that is an "easy fix". If not then you'll have to go into the table display properties, get rid of that column and add in a length property set manually. I know, it's ridiculous but just the way it is. :)

Right click the table, and select "Add All Property Sets" and see if that is an "easy fix".

That actually worked, thx :) Now I just need to figure out the theory behind it all...

That actually worked, thx :) Now I just need to figure out the theory behind it all...

Glad it worked for ya. And honestly, it's pretty easy once you get over the learning curve. It's a fairly simple process. It's just a table column that you pick from a preset list of data (aka Property Set Data) That AutoCAD reads and displays. :)

Took me awhile to figure it all out. What sucks is that there is technically some limitations to PSD's and Schedules when you want to start adding some formula's to the mix for some custom table configurations. That's where I start pulling my hair out, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
type VBALOAD to load the file. after that, type VBARUN and select the 4th one down, titled modMain.main and click Run. :)

hey Styke, are you 64 bit? this craps out on me for some reason and wonder if it's relative..