mahramou101

boundary order bug or error or .... ?

mahramou101

i trying multiple boundary "bo" some ares give me error ( a closed boundary cannot b determined )

when i cancel and try again the same (error-ed) ares individually or with other ares it perfectely work

is this bug or error or i miss something ????

the following indication gif and dwg

1.jpg

transfer.dwg

mahramou101
giphy.gif

SLW210

Could be a bug. I got that here as well on your drawing.

BIGAL

I tried boundary & bpoly no probs. Not sure which is the outer boundary your trying to create, is multipe rectangs then create a pline if so then the convex hull algorithm is probably what you want.

SLW210
I tried boundary & bpoly no probs. Not sure which is the outer boundary your trying to create, is multipe rectangs then create a pline if so then the convex hull algorithm is probably what you want.

Were you using AutoCAD 2018?

BIGAL

Slw210 yes CIV3D 2018 need to update my profile. Still not sure about exact boundary required.

SLW210

It took me several tries, but I did get that message to show. Maybe just a bug in Vanilla.

profcad

Years ago, there was an issue if all the objects were not visible on screen, hatching and boundary would fail. They said the problem was fixed. I still get the errors, so now I Zoom extents before using the hatch or boundary command.

Also, with the Boundary command, the default selection set is the visible objects in the viewport. If some of the edges are off the screen, it may not find them. You can click the New button for boundary set and type ALL.