Plotting paperspace from multiple drawings

aca David

Hello all, here is my first post:

We do mechanical services design, ie heating systems. We generally keep separate drawings for each floor on all our jobs, each with its own paperspace with notes and a title block.

Sometimes, we'd like to print four floors onto an A1, which we've been able to do by xref-ing them all into a drawing, then making four viewports.

Thats fine, but this way, we dont get any of the info on the paperspaces of these drawings.

The question is: Is it possible to print the paperspace of multiple drawings onto a single sheet?

Thanks, comments and assistance are greatly appriecated.

Select the info and type chspace. This will take the objects selected from paperspce into model space and allow you move into a viewport to print on a separate sheet.

What sort of plotter do you use? I can do what you are after by changing the plot with nesting on the HP1050. Then send them one after the other to the plotter and it does the work.

Following on from Rkent, my best advice would be to play around with custome page sizes and the publish command.

Using the CH space, as also suggested, definitely provides the means of achieving the task If you had some custom page sizes, I still can't fully work in my head how you would achieve the views side by side. And I expect you would want a company border on there too, right?

How about setting up a template with four viewports that each has a reference to a raster image. Then, PDF your four drawings and switch the file location of the rasters with your PDF. Or some trial and error along those lines.