Help on Render Programs using Solid Modeling

eric_monceaux

Hello,

I am running into a bit of a problem. I am currently evaluating 3D rendering software due to the fact that AutoCAD 2009 isn't able to produce print quality renderings. I am looking at 2 programs so far, and I am weighing out the pros and cons of both.

The programs I am testing are Cinema4D R11 Arch. Bundle and 3D Studio MAX Design. They are both good programs by themselves, but being that I model mainly with solids, Cinema4D falls short. I am having a VERY difficult time trying to find a way for Cinema4D and CAD to communicate. If I create the models out of faces, I can export to DXF, and it will import into Cinema4D pretty well. However, creating faces are way more time consuming than solids. I have been told that Cinema4D (R11 Arch. Bundle) cannot work with solid models.

I would prefer to use 3D Studio because I have worked with older versions of it, and like the layout and navigation better. However, I have not been able to change the output rendering to 300-600 DPI. I have done some searching on the internet, and have not found the tutorial on how to do so.

With Cinema4D, I like the fact that I can select a specific DPI and are also able to save the final renders as PSD files.

So, in closing, I really just need some help to guide me in the right direction.

Is there a way to get AutoCAD and Cinema4D to "talk" better?

Is there an option or procedure that I am missing on 3D Studio MAX Design to be able to have scenes render to 300-600 DPI?

Am I even looking at the right programs?

1.AutoCAD 2009 isn't able to produce print quality renderings.

2.Is there an option or procedure that I am missing on 3D Studio MAX Design to be able to have scenes render to 300-600 DPI?

1.I disagree

2.Render the desired scene.Save the image as .TIF,then Setup and select the dpi.

dpi.jpg